Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bird shots from Darwin 1D3

Hi Everyone,

4 shots from my Darwin trip I wanted to share. All shot with my new 400L 5.6 and 1D3. All shot around sunrise.

Thanks for looking.

[Image: Bird-Fog-Dam.jpg]
[Image: Birds-Fog-Dam-1.jpg]
[Image: Birds-Fog-Dam-2.jpg]
[Image: Landing-Duck-Fog-Dam.jpg]

Canon stuff.

sharp!!
Big Grin
is the 400L heavy?

Not really - the 70-200 2.8 IS is heavier. It is a good balance for hand holding or monopod work.

One and three were shot on a monopod - the last was hand held using AI focus and tracking the bird (without continuous shooting).

Canon stuff.

Wow! Great shots!
I particularly like the 2nd and 4th ones. Beautifully done! Big Grin

Yeah 2nd and 4th are great. Good shots!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

wow excellent shots

so clear!! so sharp

amazing

Thank you guys. I shot a wedding yesterday with the camera. It is the first chance I have had to really give it a work out - 12 hour job.

I really like the colour and exposure response from it. It just seems to be better straight out of the camera. I am finding I have to do less work on the RAW files.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

My favourite is the third one -- they're all technically excellent, but #3 has caught a "moment".

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Nice work Chris. I like them all.

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

I like them all , nice series .

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Fantastic shots there Chris. It reminds me of my trip to Kununnurra.

That late afternoon (or early morning) sun up in the top end of Aus is phenomonal isn't it?!? It has a quality to it that I can't quite pin down and describe. Its like when you take off a pair of dirty glasses and all of a sudden you can see clearly..... except it has nothing to do with real glasses, and everything to do with the air and light quality up there. It's almost like the colours and light are hyper-real.

I hope you enjoyed your trip. I can't wait for another chance to get up to that part of the world.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I couldn't agrre more Kombi.

Funny story. I had no idea what time dawn would be and took off at about 4 in the morning to get down ther in time - about an hour drive. I got there and it was still pitch black!

So I had a snooze in the back of the car and woke to daylight coming in the window. So I missed the first light of dawn, but still got some nice light as can be seen from the images above. There are so many birds hanging around the water at his spot it is really beautiful.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19