Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Birding

Red kites, at a feeding station on Gigrin Farm, in Wales. Between 100 and 500 a day appear at 3.00 pm., when the meat is put out. Crows and buzzards also appear in great numbers.
Two photographic hides, with extra deep windows have been added since my last visit.
[Image: kite3.jpg]

[Image: kite1.jpg]
The red things on the wings are tags which are on birds that have been injured and treated at Gigrin Farm

[Image: kite.jpg]
A bit heavy on the PP.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very beautiful pictures NT... Smile
My favorite is #2. It is always very difficult to focus in the bird when it is comming towards the camera. You did it great!
I also like the slanted pose.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, Sorry for delay in answering. These holidays take up a lot of time.Big Grin
I was trying different settings with auto tracking and single shots but it is (as you say) still difficult.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I always take my pictures in continues mode.. The first ones are blurred but some times you get the right one in between... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Sorry Irma I meant to say continuous focussing. But they are all single shots.
I shall have to go and practise with (Burst mode) multiple shots with one trigger press.
And the slanted pose is the bird's doing Smile
I tracked one from way away until it almost filled the frame, and then just before I clicked the shutter, it dropped a wing, rolled and then dived. Whoops ...where's it gone. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

Last time I was in Eekholt I saw they had a new owl... I was so sad I couldn't get any picture of it... It is a huge one, very beautiful. The thing then was that I was out of practice, I was shooting with my bag on my back and a teenager stood up so close to me that I couldn't move well... Sad The falconer changed a bit the routine in the show and this owl was flying very low, so from the place I was it was impossible to take any picture of it. I left the place at the middle of the show... Sad

G didn't get any picture either. He asked me what iso I would be shooting and I said 250 but when I saw I was too slow I went up 800. I didn't say anything to him. He never saw he was slow and never changed his settings all his pictures were blurred...

I have very much respect for people that take pictures of birds in flight. As I have done it I know how difficult this is.

Hopefully I will be going again this week as G has some free days.... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post