Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Birds in the Garden Calgary 2015

Got descended upon by the Waxwings of Canada for their due... swooped in, grabbed all the berries and left... This happens annually and this year they were late. Grabbed the camera... a Canon 1D MklV with a Cannon EF 300mm f2.8L IS on it and hand held the shots. A lot were camera shake rejects as you can imagine, but some were ok... The issues were shooting upwards into a typical Canadian cloudless deep blue sky, fast moving birds - hence the iso 1000 to get a shutter speed of around 1250 at F5. As the birds were about 5meters away even with the 300mm I needed to crop away a lot of extraneous tree bits so used LR 5.6 for that

I have made a link to a new Flicker account rather than fill up lots of pages here so... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129217962@...34183925/I can include a couple for those who don't know the Waxwing but don't want to go too Flickr..

Comments as always...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Hmmm not a typist still!... that would be 5o metres and only one "O" in to(o) apologies!

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 13, 2017, 15:50
Last Post by GrahamS
Nov 1, 2017, 03:56