Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bloody Big Birds of Prey!

Well I made a visit to the Kent Eagle Sanctuary on my birthday and took some shots on a rather rainy day (when is it not raining in the UK at the moment!). As you walk in to the main enclosure there are about 10 HUGE eagles all sitting there staring at you. Very unnerving I can tell you, especially as they are not in cages just sitting on perches.

The nice thing about this place is that they fly the birds free every day. They are allowed to fly off into the distance and soar on the thermals which is very cool to watch and great for them. They have all been rescued from the wild or donated from zoos and the fact that they could just fly away but do not means they must be pretty happy.

Here are a few snaps of them.

Cheers

Ivan

[Image: vultureflysmall.jpg]

[Image: eaglesmall.jpg]

[Image: buzzardbacksmall.jpg]

Oh and there was a very cool pack of huskies that live there too, caught a quick snap of this handsome fella:

[Image: huskysmall.jpg]

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Awesome shots Ivan - In particular I really like the third shot with all the feathers - very unique.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

#3 is awesome!

Hey Ivan, I really like #3 too! Such a unique shot...

Number 3 is definitely a winner!

and the Husky is such a "awwwwwwwwwww" animal <3

Hey thanks for the comments all appreciate it

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Wow Ivan, Impressive shots, especially the third one and the Husky, What a beautiful dog! Wink

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Wonderful high contrast effects! You must have some tricks. I've never seen the motion of wings captured like this.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post