Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bloom

A couple of blocks from house; only bloomed for a couple of days.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did exceptionally well at 1/30th @ F3.3. Ed.

To each his own!

You captured a nice flower, but the petal edges look a little odd and the lack of detail in them suggests a little too much editing?

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

That is the flower, it really looks like that and yes, I'm not getting the "perfect" shot I would wish yet to put out there without editing but, I don't edit except for color vibrancy and clarity. Don't mess with the image.

(Mar 27, 2015, 09:18)Rolf Wrote:  You captured a nice flower, but the petal edges look a little odd and the lack of detail in them suggests a little too much editing?

Kind regards

Rolf

(Mar 27, 2015, 08:50)czkid Wrote:  A couple of blocks from house; only bloomed for a couple of days. I wonder if "Plantsman" can tell us what this flower is?

Thank you.

(Mar 27, 2015, 09:16)EdMak Wrote:  Did exceptionally well at 1/30th @ F3.3. Ed.

Very nice - one of the Dietes possibly grandiflora. A South African rhizomatous plant in the Iris family (Iridaceae) with blooms lasting but one day. Can be grown in the hot to tropical glasshouse here in the UK.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Thank you, Peter. Always appreciate your description and history of plants and flowers. This plant has been the only one I've seen in my travels around here, just "growing" on the edge of someone's yard. And, it only bloomed for a couple of days.

(Mar 28, 2015, 05:08)Plantsman Wrote:  Very nice - one of the Dietes possibly grandiflora. A South African rhizomatous plant in the Iris family (Iridaceae) with blooms lasting but one day. Can be grown in the hot to tropical glasshouse here in the UK.

Very nicely executed.

(Mar 27, 2015, 08:50)czkid Wrote:  A couple of blocks from house; only bloomed for a couple of days.

You did something to this that makes it wonderful.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don, I have no idea what....LOL I'm such a greenhorn.
(Mar 30, 2015, 07:40)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  
(Mar 27, 2015, 08:50)czkid Wrote:  A couple of blocks from house; only bloomed for a couple of days.

You did something to this that makes it wonderful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post