Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boating

[Image: 5PuYdhs.jpg?3]

Shoreham harbour

SmileJohn

I do like that one. You can smell the boats from here.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Apr 2, 2016, 12:48)Jocko Wrote:  I do like that one. You can smell the boats from here.
These are the houseboats permanently moored in Shoreham
on the river adurSmile

SmileJohn

[Image: ctZsleW.jpg?1]

SmileJohn

[Image: v3nlBUB.jpg?1]

SmileJohn

[Image: mYxUqqD.jpg?1]

SmileJohn

Excellent captures - well taken.

Thanks guysSmile

SmileJohn

Could be the troop ship I was on, sea sick for 21 days! nice pics though! Ed.

To each his own!

(Apr 4, 2016, 05:40)EdMak Wrote:  Could be the troop ship I was on, sea sick for 21 days! nice pics though! Ed.

thanks ed, sea sick 21 days! Sad

SmileJohn

I got seasick on a coaster, going back and forward between Liverpool and Belfast. It got so bad that the action of loading and unloading containers made me sick. That is when I decided the Merchant Navy was not for me!

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Get's worse, got off the boat, dry land, at Aden, seems I was land sick, went into a bar, I did not drink, as such, asked for a cold drink, was given beer, 3 mouthfuls before I was aware of it. Now have alcohol on my breath, staggering about, stopped by MP's, said I was drunk, asked where I came from, Empire Pride, reply was, you cannot be drunk, only docked about 20 mts ago. Fortunately a passing officer stopped, he recognised me, and said he would sort it out. Then told me, best thing to do was go back to the boat. So was in Aden for about 40 mts!!
Got to Singapore, enquired about getting demobbed there, chased. Things can only get better, no.
Reported for duty, Friday, Flt. Sargeant said, great, I need engine mechanics, then he discovered I was air cooled engines trained, turned out to be, no bloody good to me, demoted to work on 3 Tiger Moths, and Station Taxi Harvard. Was put on Duty Crew, for the weekend, no idea what this was.
Sat afternoon, sitting writing a letter home, hooter sounded, kept writing, someone shouted, are you not on Duty Crew, when I said yes, told me to get down to the hanger sharpish, as I was, F/S took a dim view of the person who turned up last. I was 2nd last. Vampire was landing wheels up, we had to get it off the runway, no idea what was expected of me, probably more hindrance than help. Stupidly took of my vest, got too much sun, felt terrible on Sunday morning, asked where the sick quarters were, given directions, then told, if it's sunstroke, you will be on a charge, self inflicted!! Someone got a native bearer, said he could fix me, coated me with a very smelly concoction, every 3/4 hours. Woke up to find myself looking at the sky, strange, seemed the smell was so bad, my bed was lifted and put outside. Whatever was used worked, I did get to work on Monday morning, 4/5 days later my back was mahogany coloured, rest of me pure white, was still classed as a moonman. After a month or so I was told I was reclassified as a piston mechanic, embracing air and liquid cooled, also worked on Vampires/ Venom, never reclassified for this. Had 30 mths. very happy years, at RAF Tengah. Happy days. Ed.

To each his own!