Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Botanical Garden in Hamburg.

Called as well Planten and Bloomen, Plants and Flowers in Plattdeutsch is located in the heart of Hamburg in an area of 47 ha.

Its principal function is educational and also it is research source for the Hamburg University Institute for General Botany. Hamburg schools are also supplied with plants for biology lessons. Indigenous plants under threat of extinction are also preserved here. They also have special activities for kids in summer time.

At this time of the year tulips as well as rhododendrons of many sorts and colors are in full bloom.

[Image: IMG_8094.jpg]

[Image: 23_IMG_8330.jpg]

White tulips sticking out from blue beds of forget-me-nots was a lovely view.

[Image: IMG_8084-Edit.jpg]

There are different areas (gardens) like the Japanese garden and the Rosegarden, as well as a lake with fountains that displays a performance with light and music at night.

Japanese garden
[Image: IMG_8407.jpg]

It has also 5 greenhouses. They are conditioned to host flowers and plants from different climates, like tropical flowers and cactus from the desert. There are some areas that also give information about the toxicity of some plants and flowers.

[Image: IMG_8307.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8271.jpg]

The whole garden is very well cared, a real pleasure to visit specially in a sunny day. The place calls for many different visitors expert gardeners as well as people enjyoing different areas destinated to relax, and of course lots of photographers.

[Image: IMG_8137.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8144.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8417.jpg]
(My friend Kerstin, who broke her ankle but still willing to take pictures of the place)

[Image: IMG_8412.jpg]

I personally found very challenging to take pictures of the flowers specially in the greenhouses, where the light was not so strong, and the corridors a bit narrow to move. Also because you have no chance to remove twigs or leaves that are in your way to get the picture. However, it was beautiful to see here flowers I only have seen in Chiapas, and some of them I used to cultivate myself in my garden as this one.

[Image: IMG_8199.jpg]

All in all it was a beautiful day with a lot of walking, great company, and delicious food.... Smile

Hope you enjoy the journey.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great images. (Especially the lady in white with the bad back. Wink)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I would love to see #3 and #6 printed on canvas

Beautiful flower shots Irma. I also like #3 and #6 very much, and #11 as well.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I have some other compositions of those white tulips. I was very happy with my exposure in these pictures. The sunlight was so bright.

It was a pity I didn't take a wider lens with me this time, I normally carry two. I just had my macro and it was not possible to take more of the whole environment.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 13, 2017, 15:50
Last Post by GrahamS
Nov 1, 2017, 03:56
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 27, 2017, 10:08