Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boys and their snow toys

[Image: _MG_1830%20copy.jpg]

Snowmobiles, early morning at the French River snowmobile bridge (Ontario, Canada)

WOW! How I wished to be in this picture now... It was very high temperature again here today. Anyway, this one is so nice, colours and trees with snow, they are all so nice. You got a wonderful picture how I didn't see this. Thank you, love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks, Nia! That morning the temperature was about -25 degrees Celsius. After about 10 minutes my hands and feet were so cold, even with 2 layers of gloves and sox, that it was painful. (So, be careful what you wish for.) However, I was able to get some pictures like these, so maybe it was worth it:

[Image: _MG_1810%20resize1.jpg]
Shot taken from the snowmobile bridge

[Image: _MG_1463%20B&W%20toned%20Rev%20Resize1.jpg]
The snowmobile bridge itself

[Image: _MG_1545-Rev2-toned4web.jpg]
Lonely little pine

[Image: _MG_1597%20Rev1.jpg]
Train through the countryside

To be honest, in all my life I haven't been in a cold temperature like that! I try to imagine now, it seems wasn't not easy moments. But these are so beautiful... Canada in my mind is always like that, with snow and trees... I know, how hard winter days... I can only imagine/dream, I'm mediterranean one... but we live very hot days especially last two summers. So thank you once again, how nice to watch them, especiallly the first one, I can stay forever as looking that one. Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Really nice photos - beautiful color and exposure in #1.

I like very much this series Dennis. You did very well in #1, and you were so close...

Your series let me see very much from your country. You live in a beautiful place! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma!

The series were taken last year. I am truly blessed to be living in such a beautiful area. Many photographic opportunities abound.

Last month, Pavel and I went to snow country, but the lighting conditions this year were not as good. Getting interesting photos was more challenging. Driving back, we were caught in a blizzard with whiteout conditions. Thankfully, we made it home safely. I am still waiting to process that big batch. I'll post some later if I think I have anything worthwhile.

.....Dennis

enviroguy Wrote:Thanks Irma!

The series were taken last year. I am truly blessed to be living in such a beautiful area. Many photographic opportunities abound.

Last month, Pavel and I went to snow country, but the lighting conditions this year were not as good. Getting interesting photos was more challenging. Driving back, we were caught in a blizzard with whiteout conditions. Thankfully, we made it home safely. I am still waiting to process that big batch. I'll post some later if I think I have anything worthwhile.

.....Dennis
WOW! seems it was really so bad... I think we all live such a strange weather conditions in everywhere of the world. But to be more important our safety. I am glad you both came back home safely dear Dennis. It is always great pleasure to watch your photographs. I wish you to have a nice light, and day dear Dennis,

Thanks once again,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by TimmyNordel
Jan 19, 2018, 03:41