Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brimscombe and Limestone

Here in the Cotswolds the hills and the houses are made of the local limestone; the alkaline soil allows many meadow flowers to appear from around now.
Here's a couple I took today at f22 for the depth of field.
There are cowslips(yellow) and bluebells(oddly enough for a woodland flower)...also the rare pyramid orchid(I think it's called this).

[Image: IMG_0012web.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0029web.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Very reminiscent of parts of derbyshire, especially the limestone architecture. #2 is my favorite of the 2.

I like the second one too , well done Zig.

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Very elegant shots that really exploit the DOF. What lens was this, Z?

That's got me thinking, Craig...yes, I remember Derbyshire as a child...a bit of millstone grit and other stuff too; I think it's the same "band" of limestone that resurfaces throughout Britain.
S'funny, but I thought that #1 was the stronger shot; I have to say, I'm a little nonplussed on occasion with my conversions to websize...ne'er mind....
Thank you Toad; yes, I should have said; #1 is the Canon 50 f1.8; #2 the Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro.
Given that there are swathes of greenery that are flower-free, it took a lot of crawling about to get these; eye-level for both shots was no more than 10 or 12 inches off the ground(sorry, I'm a pre-metric guy..handy for chatting to Trans-Ponders!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I love these landscape pictures, Zig.
Both are great! You live in a beautiful place, and you show its beauty wonderfully... Smile

Thanks a lot for sharing.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Your probably right about the limestone, Derbyshire is mostly limestone or Sandstone in the south.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by navis01
May 2, 2007, 02:45