Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Britannia Meltdown!

My favorite landscape sceneries are Sunsets and reflections on water. When I see both of them combined, that calls for a shot or two, maybe more. I went out to Britannia Park today to catch the Sunset and as looked to my right, I see this beach section with lot's of ice on the water, but closer to the shore line it is melting and since there was no wind at all, it created a perfect mirror for me to see all kinds of things in it. Here are just three. The bright orange light comes from the near Sunset rays, coming from the left. Enjoy and comment as you wish!

All shots taken at ISO-200, f/9 & various focal lengths...

[Image: Ice-town-in-Sunset.jpg]

[Image: April-092006-006.jpg]

[Image: April-092006-010.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

I love #1 and #3. #1 looks like you are sitting on the cusp of 2 worlds - the over and the under. Beautiful. To me, the people in #3 make the photo live. Lighting beautiful in all. Smashing!

Thanx Toad a bunch for the comments. Did you click on the images to see them at 800-pixels?

Janika..........I like this series, orange colour sets it off. The pitcures have the feel that its starting to warm up. #3 would be my pick.

Thanx Russ, This place has one of the most beautiful sunsets around and last night was no exception.
I'll post some later....

I love reflections too , and there is a neat feel to these with the sunset and the ice . The color has a warm feel but the ice looks cold ( kind of the sweet and sour thing ) and i really like it . Thanks for sharring these .

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I agree with what everyone else said, these are beautiful. The warm sunshine- i can almost feel it, and the reflections just give the images that little bit extra. Big Grin

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanx Shawn, That was a fun-filled halfen hour for me last night...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by enviroguy
Jul 28, 2008, 08:53
Last Post by Zig
Nov 11, 2007, 11:20
Last Post by Janika
Sep 4, 2006, 07:28