Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brougham Castle

Brougham castle in Cumbria. Of 13th century construction and adjacent to a roman fort called Brocaven. After a long and eventful history it is now maintained by English Heritage.

[Image: Brougham_zps8krjheft.jpg]

Model: NIKON D300
Lens: Nikkor 16-85 f3.5-5.6
ExposureTime: 1/400"
Aperture: F6.3
ISO: 200
FocalLength: 38.0 mm

Photography is a never-ending journey

Nice pleasing image... althopugh for me the branches on the left are a little distracting...? (tell English Heritage maintenance... the roof leaksBig Grin

Thanks for the share Peter!

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Feb 20, 2015, 10:21)Rolf Wrote:  Nice pleasing image... although for me the branches on the left are a little distracting...? (tell English Heritage maintenance... the roof leaksBig Grin

Kind regards

Rolf
I see what you mean, and accept that for some it would be an intrusion/distraction. My opinion is that it helps give relief to a fairly bland sky and also offers a suggestion of perspective.

Not inviting any image alteration as this is not the critique board, but if anyone wants me to post on that board I will be happy to do so.

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Feb 20, 2015, 13:33)Plantsman Wrote:  
(Feb 20, 2015, 10:21)Rolf Wrote:  Nice pleasing image... although for me the branches on the left are a little distracting...? (tell English Heritage maintenance... the roof leaksBig Grin

Kind regards

Rolf
I see what you mean, and accept that for some it would be an intrusion/distraction. My opinion is that it helps give relief to a fairly bland sky and also offers a suggestion of perspective.

Not inviting any image alteration as this is not the critique board, but if anyone wants me to post on that board I will be happy to do so.

I understand Peter...It's your image and it is what ever you are happiest with.... and I wouldn't think of making alterations... as you say it's not the place.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

So many old ruins like that in the UK, I really need to get back for some shooting. Great image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 16, 2015, 12:38