Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brown'n'beautiful

Went out to get a few shots of some horses on Sunday. Just before spotting the white raven. I took 50 some odd shots but not really too happy with the results. Here is one anyway. Hopefully more will follow.

[Image: Horses-058.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Smile Nice pony portrait!

Nothing to be disappointed about there Colin! That's a very nice portrait of a horse.

I'd imagine it would have been quite difficult to get that much detail in its dark coat without blowing out the rest of the scene. But you did it, and got it's head on a nice angle with nice lighting too.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Beautiful shot, Colin! It was obviously a sunny day, and you've done well to get all the features out of the shadow area -- everything is clearly visible. As far as portrait composition goes as well, this one is spot on. Well done!

Wow! Thanks a lot for the positive comments. This is probably one of the better ones. I'll review some more and do a little editing when I get a little more time. These horses are so beautiful. They followed me all along the fenceline wanting pets and attention. They got it too. Too big to hug though. Big Grin

My flickr images

I think the same as ST and Adrian. The color and texture in the horse is great! The background is really nice as well.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Yes but why the long face? Well someone had to say it, just kidding really. Love the head but not so sure about the position of the rest of the body.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Thanks Irma and Pete. I know what you mean Pete. She's looks skinny in this posistion. Smile

My flickr images

Lovely shot, Colin! This actually shows what I think is the funniest thing with baby horses - when you see them in profile, they look like a real horse, and when they turn to you they look so skinny it's almost as if they were just painted on cardboard. I love them! Big Grin

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jun 26, 2015, 05:08
Last Post by czkid
Apr 11, 2015, 17:55