Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bruce

We had a lovely day in Fehmarn. First of all we went to buy my shells, I got a lot and very beautiful. Then we went to the beach, G was painting a seascape, while I was working some experiments with long exposure with macro. After a delicious Italian lunch we went to the sea world. Lots of beautiful fishes, gorgeous anemones and a lot of ugly pictures. A bit of disapointment, but still the shark the one who was in the darkes area was my best series.

[Image: IMG_8506-01.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8521-01.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8557-01.jpg]

All of them: F 4, 1/50 or 1/60sec, ISO 1600, Ev Comp. -2. Very noisy but I got it... Smile
24-105mm Canon Lens.

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey Irma, I love those shots! I've never seen such a clear shot from an aquarium before - I can't see any reflections either. Did you hand hold or use a tripod?

The last one is my favourite - it almost looks like you're scuba diving down there with them! Big Grin

Cool Irma.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Fantastic shots Irma - sharks are my least favourite animal and there have been more than usual along our east coast beaches this summer.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks for your comments... Smile They are very spectacular animals... The tank where they have them is so huge... I got some other pictures of them but they need a bit more of pp so I'll post them when I have time to work with them.

ST The place is very dark, just few lit signs. The pictures came out very clean, I just got a thin line of a reflection in the last one, but I clonned out. I took my pictures without monopod. Very different from shooting birds in flight. Here you have a very reduced space and no much light, hard contrast and a glass infront of you that distorts tremendously your pictures, your subjects move too fast for the little room you have... I will be very happy if I get 10 good ones out of 400 of the colorful fish and anemones.

Paul Cezanne

I 've tried aquariums many times and have had VERY little success, these shots are wonderful Irma!

These are amazing Irma. The last one is fantastic.I hope it's wallpaper for the desktop.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

How far from the tank were you, Irma?
I have had some small successes using a rubber lens hood pressed gently against the aquarium's side, but still the low light is always a problem. What iso setting did you use?

These are very beautiful, and I hope to someday do as well.
My own guppy aquarium means macro range with a flash unit around the corner from the camera, and like you said hundreds of shots for just a handful of keepers.

And I love your thread title.
Anyone else "get" the reference?

Thanks for your comments... Smile

Keith, in this series I was more or less 1 meter from the glass. My iso was 1600 and I worked with NeatImage. I got some little white spots but I removed them. I was a bit angry with myself because I left the macro lens in the car, so I couldn't have the chance to experiment with that lens. But as I know that with the macro you always need a lot of light, I didn't take it with me.

Bruce is lovely, isn't he?? Wink

Paul Cezanne

great shots Irma, I like all things fishy Wink......... Bruce looks like he is smiling in the first shot Big Grin

Thanks Russ.

It was the first time I go to the aquarium with a camera, I am happy with the result I have to say. I would have loved to have more beautiful pictures, but it was a great experience, nonetheless... Smile

Paul Cezanne

The bottom photo, when the shark is closest to the light, is the best I think. But these are sure eeire.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

nice shots never tried shooting thru glass looks like you did a fine job . good job of noise removal look very clean for iso 1600

Evil looking boys aren't they.

Canon stuff.

Did you have trouble using AF, or did you manual focus?

Thanks all for your comments... Smile

jsg
I worked with NeatImage my pictures but I think what it helped a lot is that the pictures doesn't have much detail where the noise can hurt. I got a lot of white dots, I removed but the rest is clean, somehow.

ST I haven't practiced manual focus in this kind of pictures, so I used AF SERVO.

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by navis01
Mar 12, 2007, 10:31