Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bruce 2, or two from today

Out of 144 I found a few that I liked. Big Grin

#1 Bruce 2. Difficult subject to get to grips with.
[Image: 2nqtk7n.jpg]

#2 Medusa. Pretty but deadly.
[Image: 30uvcxy.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wow, that's a great shot of the shark! The features are so well defined and sharp - and it looks pretty menacing.

The aquarium lighting does wonders to the shots, doesn't it?

shuttertalk Wrote:Wow, that's a great shot of the shark! The features are so well defined and sharp - and it looks pretty menacing.

The aquarium lighting does wonders to the shots, doesn't it?
The tank is amazing, on around 5 floors, and there are sort of bays/ledges, set off the main tank withsand and rocks. Kind of like a strawberry planter.
The lighting was urgh. most shots came out green and blurred because of the diffraction of the water.
I used levels or colour to correct the shark,(not very well), but the jellyfish were in a ultraviolet coloured tank making them sort of purple coloured.
Here is a revamp.
[Image: Jelly1.jpg]
and another shark.
[Image: s1.jpg]
or two
[Image: 17_s3.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Look at those teeth in the last one... You got an impressive profile of Bruce!!
In the place where my Bruce was, there were no plants, it was just sand and an the representetion of an old sunk boat, and very dark...

The jelly fish are beautiful!! I like both pictures.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I can hear Steve Irwen now ...... Danger Danger you dont want to muck with these ....... ( RIP Steve ) .....

I think you did a nice job on these .....
But i still dont understand the Bruce thing LOL ....

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Banded Drake Wrote:But i still dont understand the Bruce thing LOL ....

........ Shawn
So then you probably haven't seen finding nemo?? Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I have watched it once LOL , so i had to ask the kids and now i remember LOL .... Thanks Irma ..

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks all. Don't know how big they are because of the glass viewing windows (magnifying effect) but they are possibly 2-3 metres.
This is where it is at...http://www.thedeep.co.uk ... a visitor attraction in Hull (halfway up England on the right hand side) The Humber Bridge is situated very near, until recently the longest single span bridge in the world.
There were lots of marine fish + sharks, rays, and sawfish, octopus, starfish, Walkways under the water etc.
We got a voucher to say, further visits for 12 month would be free, but you would be asked for a 1/2 price donation on each subsequent visit. Fair dinkum. We spent 4 1/2 hours there including lunch (I would skip that)
and we would go again.

Lumix LX5.

Top shot mate, it is so hard trying to capture correctly in an aquarium. Reminds me of being at the Sydney aquarium the sharks in there are huge but it was very dark.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Sep 4, 2017, 05:14