Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bucharest during the Nighttime

Okay, I tried my hand again at some post processing with some older photos. How does this look?

http://500px.com/photo/64311381

(Mar 19, 2014, 12:57)kNox Wrote:  Okay, I tried my hand again at some post processing with some older photos. How does this look?

i really like this composition, colour and sense of movement, don't know what else you could do

Nice one kNox ( Andrei.). I like the strength of colour in this shot.

(Mar 19, 2014, 12:57)kNox Wrote:  Okay, I tried my hand again at some post processing with some older photos. How does this look?

Hi kNox It is gorgeous, can you share what you did to the photo? Did you put the color bars in and the starburst on the lights or was that a filter? Also, I believe it was EdMak that shared that if you right click on a photo it gives all the details as to how the pic was produced, but yours shows a copy write, can you share how you did that??? I think that was a great way to protect your photos!!! Thanks DI

Thank you for all your kind comments! Smile

@Di: The photo was taken at (if I remember correctly) a 20 second exposure, and it just turned out this way. Afterwards, I applied a color scheme in LightRoom, the decreased the luminescence for Blue colors in Camera Raw. It helped give the sky a deep blue color and make the clock stand out. Smile

Like. Try cloning out the bright light? to the right of the bush behind the clock, makes a difference, to me. Ed.

To each his own!

Very nice, kNox.

I really like the colours and composition although I would agree with Ed about cloning out the light to the right of the clock. Other than that, a very pleasing photo.

Regards

Coachline

Very well laid out composition with gorgeous colouring. Perhaps bringing up the brightness on the clock face would help strengthen its position in the composition, but then again you might not want it strengthen. I liked this very much.

@Ed, Coachline: I'm not that good with post-processing, what do you mean by cloning that part out?

(Mar 22, 2014, 11:53)Jim F Wrote:  Very well laid out composition with gorgeous colouring. Perhaps bringing up the brightness on the clock face would help strengthen its position in the composition, but then again you might not want it strengthen. I liked this very much.

Thank you! I actually wanted to up the brightness a bit, but chose not to because:

a) I don't know how to do that on the clock face alone. I'm learning though!

b) Because of that, the only way I knew how to up the brightness was for the whole picture, and that made it a lot noisier.

What software are you using. Ed.

To each his own!

Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw.

Something like this?? Done with Faststone Image viewer, a free program.

Google, Cloning video tutorial for Photoshop, ?? your version. Ed.

To each his own!

On a more general point, it's great to see something of Romania/Eastern Europe on the site - do you have some more you could share? Regards Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Most of the photos I posted here are from Romania, apart from the most recent ones (which are marked with their respective locations). I hope you enjoy them!

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

Thank you Jeff! Smile