Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bunch of Snaps of My Kids

Just sharing some snapshots I took over the past few months, and have finally gotten around to processing.

Kate & Madelyn in April, screened outdoor light with fill flash. 1/160s, f/4
[Image: m-k16Apr2006.jpg]

Madelyn in early May, window light and bounced fill flash; 1/60s, f/4
[Image: m13May2006.jpg]

Madelyn in late July - she really grew up this summer! Window light only; 1/125s, f2.0
[Image: m22Jul2006.jpg]

William in August, obviously window light only; 1/1250s f/2.5 (about the shutter speed: I had inadvertently set ISO set to 800 so it was much quicker than expected)
[Image: w19Aug2006.jpg]

Katie in October - also becoming a little lady, all too quickly. Screened outdoor light behind, bounced flash for main; 1/60s f2.2
[Image: k01Oct2006.jpg]

Will in October - spikey hair for his first birthday Smile Window light and bounced fill flash, 1/60s f/4
[Image: w15Oct2006.jpg]

Smile

Your children are beautiful, Mitch... and Will!! how big is now... and so handsome... Smile

Wonderful pictures all of them ... Lovely moments so well captured... Smile

The light is perfect, and your post processing is great, very professional... always the same, this is something I can't get with my pictures...

Thanks so much for sharing ... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great shots. It's good to see more portraits being shown on the site lately.
I also have three children and I find it an ongoing challenge to get a really nice shot of the three of them together while they are still young. Do you find the same thing? I agree with your comments about how quickly they change.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanks folks!

smarti77 Wrote:I find it an ongoing challenge to get a really nice shot of the three of them together while they are still young. Do you find the same thing?
It's just about impossible. Wink

Beautiful shots - I wish I had more of mine when they were growing up :/

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

These are all great shots - they have grown so much since the last photos I saw. I like WIll's new hairciut!

One word Sleg - awesome.

Canon stuff.

Aww, these are lovely!
Thanks for sharing Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Great series of shots Mitch, the pp is spot on, just the right amount of contrast.

are you still using the b&w conversion method as in your tutorial??

I hope I can get the same level of consistency one day Rolleyes

Thanks again! Big Grin

Russt Wrote:are you still using the b&w conversion method as in your tutorial??
Hey Russt, yes, pretty much the same, but with some added twists like a realistic "grain" layer.

I've got everything made into PS Actions, so I can quickly run a few different versions (preset tints and contrast settings) and pick the one that works best for a particular subject. Some benefit from deeper shadows, some need the shadows opened up, some need more of a high-key appearance, others need the mids tweaked, etc.

I should lump them all into one action that creates all the variations at the same time.

Very nice images Mitch. The kids are beautiful. You always do a fantasic job with images of your kids.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Peto!

My wife keeps reminding me that the only reason she "let" me get a digital camera was to take pics of the kids ... in other words, I'm supposed to shoot a heck of a lot more than I do! :o Wink

Beautiful kids! And great shots of them.

My favourite is the last one! Great job!

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Great portraiture here slejhamer, great looking family, I know how proud you must be. I really like the B/W.

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Jan 3, 2014, 17:17