Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

But seriously, folks...........

I'm quite proud of this one.

The organist is totally unaware of me.
Ambient light with 10D and Sigma 135-400 HANDHELD!!!!!
ISO 1600 I think.
(No noise reduction)

[Image: st%20player.jpg]

Cave canem

Now R doesn't often get praise from me (especially in public....bad for the ego), but I REALLY like this one! Cool!! Smile

Rufus being serious = Rufus being ignored.

I GET IT. :x

Cave canem

I hate to see someone ignored so here goes...

I like a lot of what I see in this photo. The pose is natural - the second viewpoint provided by the mirror above the organist adds impact. The lighting is really nice and I like the inclusion of the sheet music.

My own opinion is that I would really like to see the hands of the organist on the keyboard. Intellectually I know that the organist is playing the organ, but my eye does not see the connection - he might also be just looking at the organ. I KNOW in my mind what is happening, but I feel like I am not seeing a piece of the puzzle. What would have been super sweet in a perfect world would be to connect the whole thing by showing his hands in the mirror.. Big Grin

I know you worked hard on this shot and are very proud of it, so please do not feel that I am dissing your work.

Hey man.

I totally Sad agree about the hands. Unfortunately, at the bottom of the frame is a choir stall. :|
I couldnt, get to see his hands at all, :o and changing lenses would almost certainly not have helped. In fact, he'd have sussed me and turned round I expect. :o I guess he was seated about 6 higher than I was standing, (if you see what I mean).

I was cheesed off :o that no one, (until now Smile ), had commented, as I was quite pleased with ISO 1600 and handheld 150mm.

Ho hum. :|

A Terrier's lot is not always a happy one. Sad (Though it is most of the time! Big Grin ).

Cheers Mr T.

Cave canem

I should have mentioned the ISO 1600 - exceptional noise control.

I agree regarding the hands.

What did you do to get rid of the noise?

Sorry there Mr Grumpy Pants. I just noticed the setting on this shot. Fantastic results. That 10D and Sigma 135-400mm is great. Your hand held capabilities are also very good. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Well, I'm sorry for the burst of dependence............... It's quite unhealthy. Sad

Anyhow, the noise issue....... Get this..... :| :| :|

I did nothing!!! This is how it came out of the box. :o

I was so suprised, that I returned to the orig, and triple checked the Exif :o

It's true. 1/60th, ISO 1600 150mm. Smile

Cave canem

Info on my exploits here:

http://www.indcatholicnews.com/gunpowder.html

Recent pics relate to this directly.

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post