Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Butterflies

Took the kids to see some butterflies today, was alot of fun. Heres a few images capturing our trip.

[Image: sc-13.jpg]

[Image: sc-14.jpg]
Sadly Zack was sick today, so he was kind of down and slept alot, but when he was awake he was a handful... He had a hard time with the rule "dont throw stones in the water.."

[Image: sc-16.jpg]
No only butterflies, first room was full with big bugs!

[Image: sc-18.jpg]
Amy our youngest daughter a bit tired and warm. (high humidity like in a rain forest)

[Image: sc-17.jpg]
Where zillion of these flying around.

[Image: sc-19.jpg]
Feeding frenzy.

[Image: sc-20.jpg]
Posing nicely for me.

[Image: sc-21.jpg]
Its a very beautiful place, its like being dropped right in the rainforest! well not exactly but pretty nevertheless.

[Image: sc-22.jpg]
Look at that eye.

[Image: sc-23.jpg]
Another exotic flower (to us anyway).

[Image: sc-26.jpg]
sadly i didnt get a good shot of this one, i love the colors. But since your not allowed to touch either plants or animals....

[Image: sc-27.jpg]
This one is sitting on a plant in the raining part of the forest, taking a shower i guess.

[Image: sc-29.jpg]
Got it all by him self..

[Image: sc-30.jpg]
Where water running thru the forest, with all kinds of fish in it, thats what stole both Zack and Jemimas attention most of the time we where there.

[Image: sc-33.jpg]
Jemima checking our the feeding table, that old banana dosent look to tastey..

[Image: sc-34.jpg]
Jemima getting a bit tired by all the walking, but the promise of a soda and icecream cheers her up.. :-)

[Image: sc-35.jpg]
One of them black and red butterflies again.

[Image: sc-38.jpg]
Jemima just loves the big fish pond.

[Image: sc-39.jpg]
Jemima got a better view of the fish pond.

[Image: sc-12.jpg]
My wonderful wife Sofia and our youngest daughter Amy.

[Image: sc-25.jpg]
Sofia is showing Jemima something in the water.

It was very nice, i probebly go alone and take some more time to photograph the butterflies another time though.

Be rest assured, they fell a sleep the moment they had their heads on the pillow. Big Grin

Coments and critique welcome as always.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Hey Paul, what an awesome series of pics! That place must have been a photographer's delight...

I really love all the butterfly shots - they're so vibrant and sharp and beautiful...

And your family is beautiful as usual... Big Grin

Many outstanding shots. My favorite is the one showing the brown butterfly with "eyes" on his lower wing (9th from top).

Great series of pics Paul, from the bug, kids to butterflies its hard to pick a fav...........well done!

Thanx Guys

Jules:
Yes its quite popular lol :-)

Rob:
Here is another one i forgot to post, he is admiring him self in the plexiglas door. :-)
[Image: sc-36.jpg]

Russt:
Thanx, it was a lot of fun.

/Paul L.

Always a pleasure to see pictures of your family Paul... and to see how fast they are growing... Amazing, isn't it?

I remember the fist picture of Zack that you posted... he was a baby!! I hope he is getting well soon Smile

Your macro pictures are splendid as well... The colors and details are lovely, and also very inspiring ... Smile

Thanks for sharing Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Irma for the kind words.

Yes time flies, they grow up real fast.

Glad you enjoyed them.

/Paul L.

Great photos,
it was a bit frustrating though, my browser wouldn't load them all because the files were too large, I had to open them in a seperate window one by one (and I'm on broadband)

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanx schell.

Sorry about the size. Will make links to larger files, and use smalle examples.

Thnx for looking.

/Paul L.

Some stunning images there Paul, they all worked fine for me. I really liked the shot of the three butterflies side by side on the dish and the additional shot you added seperately. Your shots are very sharp and easy on the eye.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Beautiful series, thanks for sharing!
I love the close portrait of Amy, and the second one of Jemina at the fish pond. It's a shame that the catch lights in Amy's eyes are fussy with some reflection, it somehow takes a bit of the zing out of this beautiful shot...

Great family shots, your kids have a lot of charme!

uli

Smarti77:
Thanx, glad you liked them.

Wulinka:
Thanx, im biased towards Amy lol, she my little princess.Yes i agree one reflection would have made look better. Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Jul 31, 2015, 10:15
Last Post by nia
Aug 27, 2010, 10:34