Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Butterflies

At last, the butterfly bush is blooming again. It makes for nice pictures, if you like butterflies. Smile This morning, I found a rather ragged specimen of Small Tortoiseshell and a Cabbage White.

[Image: img_4711-01.jpg]

[Image: img_4712-01.jpg]

[Image: img_4722-01.jpg]

[Image: img_4723-01.jpg]

For the first two shots I used the camera flash to light up the shadows. Did you know that you can have "red eye" with butterflies? I didn't. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

No I didn't. This lunch time on TV was an item where someone had found in their garden in Sheffield Yorkshire UK a 6" wing span moth.They caught it and handed it over to a butterfly farm. It turned out to be from the southern hemisphere and was a female and was laying eggs which they hope to breed with.
It was said that the body was 5" long . I will have to check and it began with an 'A'
Checked ...it is a moth the atlas moth
Link here

Because of our heatwave it has survived, but no one knows where it came into the country from.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

really like those last two.......I like the fly coming into land and the moth taking off!

good capture G

Nice detail on all of these, I also like the DOF and colors, Good job Guerito...

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

I also like the fly - a little extra "catch" in your capture...

I particularly like the first and third shots - composition is nice.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Jul 31, 2015, 10:15
Last Post by nia
Aug 27, 2010, 10:34