Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CS2 course results...

Hi all,

I've not been around for a while....life has been busy....

Irma inquired about the CS2 course I did earlier this year....I'd not used PS before doing the course, so it was a lot to take in....

Before
[Image: IMG_5501_1_1_1.JPG]

After - healing brush, levels, USM on stamen, resize, high pass
[Image: IMG_5501-1.jpg]

Before
[Image: _MG_7475_1_1_1.JPG]

After - selected sky, levels, then inverse and applied levels to building, USM
[Image: _MG_7475%201copy.jpg]

Before
[Image: IMG_8442%2013copy.jpg]

After - this one took a while, cloned out ties, cropped, levels, shadow/highlights, clone & healing brush on petals, slight yellow & magenta hue adustment, can't remember if I used USM or high pass...
[Image: IMG_8442%20copy12ED.jpg]

Before
[Image: IMG_8532%20before.jpg]

After - levels, cloned lens flare, shadow/highlights, high pass
[Image: IMG_8532%2012copy.jpg]

Thanks for looking, advice welcome

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Hi Sharon,

Looks like you have learnt a lot in youir course. It really is an amazing difference when you understand a little of the power of photoshop.

I particularly liked the 2nd and 4th images.

Canon stuff.

Oh! Sharon... Your pictures are great!! Smile

I like a lot the way you show them with the before and after so one can see the difference... What I like the most is that they look very natural. It is amazing always to see that taking care of little details like cleaning the petals, improve a lot your picture.

I have seen in your pictures that you use a lot the USM. I don't normally use it, but I see that it makes a difference. I'll try to play with this filter.

#2 is great!! I like the color you got after post processing, and your composition is beautiful... Smile

I like also the effect of the shadow/highlight in the last picture. It improved a lot. It looks like a beautiful place.

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, Sharon; and Congratulations! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow, what a difference!
Thanks for sharing! The course seems to be very good Smile Well done

Great results Sharon, money well spent - I need to take some lessons Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Lovely stuff.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I still have a lot to learn....but I'm getting my head around the basics.

The instructor said that if it takes longer than 5 minutes to process in PS, go out and take another photo ....she is big on getting it right in camera as much as possible.

Thanks again
Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Good use of PS there Smile

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"