Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Calendar

Took this for a friend, to use as a a calendar. The hills in the background are the Eildon Hills, a Roman Site. If you were to stand on the top, this is what you would see. http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...at-Posting
Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

The colours in this image are very saturated, Ed. If it were my photo, I would prefer it without the cloned horse, and would try to retain a more natural appearance in the colous, e.g. something like this -

Philip

Hm, I'm torn, I actually like the colors in the first photo (but just a little bit toned down). However, the sky looks a bit wonky. Have you edited it as well?

Thanks both.
Back on the Monitor/To each his own theme.
I calibrate using Photoshop's own system, it does allow Gama, separate or combined, does me fine. Have tried it on two friends who use paid software, and it was, to me, spot on. I never P/S on a Laptop.
Phillip's image looks insipid to me, lacks punch, and the, Stand Out, look. Hills particularly look unnatural. My own, looks, again, to me, As Seen.
All the calendars went quickly, as did the 10/12 A3's I donated.
The clone was a must, there are 2 horses in the field, one was most uncooperative, was there on three consecutive days,there was a time issue, they must not speak to each other!!.Only consolation, the pic was taken the first day, the sky, on one of the other two days.
Well spotted Phillip. Regards. Ed.

To each his own!

Ed, you need to use more feather when selecting the sky-line to avoid the dead line of the cut. And I am with MrB on the colour saturation - the colours are far too bright.

Thanks John. You are being kind saying, More Feathering. I was not aware this could be done when this was taken, so it had none. Son60 was very helpful here,
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...Revelation although I am still a bit at sea. I should have done this, before posting.

Comments and time appreciated. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 9, 2014, 06:50)EdMak Wrote:  still a bit at sea. Ed.

I'm not familiar with that term, so I looked it up and I still don't know what you meant.

Are you "lost in thought"?
Or in "a state of confusion"?

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Have a look at the link I gave above your post. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 10, 2014, 13:42)EdMak Wrote:  Have a look at the link I gave above your post. Cheers. Ed.

Ed;

Looked at the linked thread, and I STILL don't know what you meant!

The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language <VBG>

2HowardsPhoto.biz

"a bit at sea" means "lost" in a mental sense - having a lack of available landmarks.

(Feb 11, 2014, 04:58)John M Wrote:  "a bit at sea" means "lost" in a mental sense - having a lack of available landmarks.

So, what Ed is saying, is he doesn't have a defined path for his work?
He just kind of flounders about?

2HowardsPhoto.biz

I could not complete Son60's last post instructions, but was able to do a work around. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!