Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camera selection

This is my first posting so I hope I am in the correct area.

I wish to purchase a new camera and I am between a Canon OES 10D or the OES M.

Any purchasing advice would be welcomed. I am in the UK...

Thanks in advance, David

David,

Hello and welcome to the forums! It is a pleasure to meet you! Others will be along to welcome you and to answer your question as I am not as familiar with these cameras. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

can’t help, David. I think there is always a compromise, no matter which camera you choose and how much you pay. Its a matter of picking the attributes that are important to you.

Thank you for your reply. I was going down the path you suggested but was finding it difficult to distinguish between the two Canons. I was hoping someone ,say, had experience of both cameras through working in a camera store.

However, I appreciate your reply.

Regards, David in Scotland

(Aug 19, 2013, 06:00)davidwallaceedgar Wrote:  This is my first posting so I hope I am in the correct area.

I wish to purchase a new camera and I am between a Canon OES 10D or the OES M.

Any purchasing advice would be welcomed. I am in the UK...

Thanks in advance, David

You need to go into a camera shop and try out both cameras and then add a couple more to balance the selection. Years ago, back in the days of film I was given this advise when I asked a similar question: Your camera will only be as good as the lens in front of it, buy the best lens/lenses you can afford and with what change you have left buy your camera.

He who has come through the fire will not fade in the sun

Well buddy i have bought the Digital camera of Canon OES 10D last week in the UK market at cheap price, The result of that camera pixels have excellent as compare to another companies cameras you must buy that company camera because every tourist have like it.Am i right dude?????SmileSmileSmile

Hello and welcome DavidWallaceEdgar to shuttertalk Smile

In my experience I get to use both camera for a project that was bestowed to me on the spot. Both camera are very useful and accessible by that time but of course there are pros and cons. Mind to share a little bit of background where you going to use it?

In my opinion, I would get Canon OES 10D <---- Why? Definitely these two camera body can achieve my images I want on my business. But these two camera body definitely affects my clients views during my work. Sad to say it does affect it. But if don't definitely would get the EOS M. Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

No help, just trivia!! EOS, means Electro Optical System, also, EOS is the God of Light. Somebody was very clever in amalgamating the two. Owned the first model released in UK, sure it was a 650, late 80's, way ahead of rivals, shot to the top. Ed.

I would like to thank all who gave of their time to reply to me. boggie111 makes a good case for the 10D. Thanks again to all "Senders". Kindest regards, David in Scotland

I am pretty much agree with the above comment, to buy the best camera you should go to the shop and try it yourself and after comparison choose the best one.

Thanks shumicse. http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...s/wink.gif

It is probably a result of the times but the two camera shops in my town have closed. 2 of the 3 shops I used in Glasgow have closed so camera so camera shops are becoming a rarity! Unfortunate although I am only a few miles from the Amazon complex you cannot drop in to try out your potential purchase.

However, I appreciate your comments. Kindest regards, David in Scotland

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by canon400d
Nov 10, 2013, 04:15