Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Car Showroom

I tried a different sort of shot recently...mmm...what do you think?

Regards all

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Jeff,
Buying a Tesla are you.? Very nice too.
As for the shot. On my laptop, I find the reflections and lighting somewhat bright. I would have been tempted to use a CPL. I do like the angle and colour of the Tesla. I am, however, still on a learning curve.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I like the composition of the shot, with the superb car in the foreground and the possible deal going on in the background. For my taste, the image colour is rather too biased towards orange/yellow, which could be due to the type of lighting in the room. It's a cool car, so I would cool the white balance down! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Beautiful for sure!

I prefer Jeff's original colour rendition. I find Philip's colours too blue, and the numbers confirm that, in particular on the "number plate". However, after checking Tesla's site, the car is actually red, and is closer to Philip's version than Jeff's.

However, as a photograph as against an true advertising image, the original does it for me.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

The number plate is one of the very few small areas of the image where the yellow colour cast is not apparent, but that is probably due to the showroom window, and mixed lighting is often too difficult for auto white balance to cope with. I would guess that the daylight has influenced the camera's white balance to make the room lights appear warmer than they should be.

However, two big buts:
...But I was not there, so for all I know it might look exactly as it does in the original image.
...But images also depend on personal taste - so to quote that man yet again, "To each his own!"
Smile

Cheers.
Philip

There appears to be blue lights in the area, look at the wheel spokes!!!!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thanks for the excellent comments and the wonderful variants. Love them all, though I felt as though the original appeared close as I remember it, but I did lighten the surrounds considerably, make it a touch warmer, remove all those interfering signs and fire hydrants and bits on the walls and ceilings. I didn't notice the blue tinge on the spokes which I now don't like at all though I suppose as Ed says there must have been a blue light behind me (in the Blue Water mall). I also chose what I thought the most flattering angle for this particular car as Mike identified and I liked the background deal as Phillip says. What I didn't do was to try to change the reflections though I think Ed has done so.

John - that car was surely not cracker barrel red as your image from the ad shows. Are we looking at the same model or are my eyes deceived?

Mike - Pardon my ignorance - what is a CPL?

Ed - magic! I'll send it to my friend (who is contemplating the purchse not me!). Did you stretch or tilt the car in your version?

Cheers all and thanks again for commentary. I would probably not do the warm touch now.

Jeff

May have done, house owner is not happy if you drive on the flowers. Ed.

To each his own!

CPL, Circular Polarizer. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 8, 2016, 16:05)Freeman Wrote:  that car was surely not cracker barrel red as your image from the ad shows. Are we looking at the same model or are my eyes deceived?
I just looked on the Tesla UK site and the only colour for the current Model S, any where near your vehicle, was the Multi Red, the image of which I downloaded. Perhaps the model in the showroom, although new, is a previous model year. Perhaps they have just changed their colour pallette for 2016.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".