Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Celebrating!! :)

I have been thinking a lot what to post now... I thought it had to be something special... I am celebrating my 5000 post!! Smile

I will post my latest 5 pictures... Wink At least the most interesting ones.

From my series Summer memories.
This is a try with painted background. It is watercolor on paper that is not for watercolor... Smile

[Image: IMG_5310-Edit-2.jpg]

Another try with mosaic with warm colors.

[Image: IMG_5632-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg]

The rose.

[Image: IMG_6182-Edit.jpg]

Tres colores.
Working in my post processing and changing colors. I thought the light also could work well for this post processing.

[Image: IMG_5725-Edit-Edit.jpg]

Flowers and vase. (two versions of this one)

[Image: IMG_5161-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5206-Edit.jpg]

Thanks Jules for keeping and caring for Shuttertalk...
Thanks to you all for these years together sharing our experiences in photography... I have learned a lot from you... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Congratulations on your 5000th post. Your images deserve more discussion that I can give them at this moment, but I will be back to comment more later. On first glance, #1 and #4 leap out at me, but some of the others are more subtle and may become favorites with more time.

Congratulations on hitting such a huge milestone!

I'll say that #1 and #5 appeal to me most in this first encounter, but they're all very strong. It's an impressive collection.

(Your comment about the number of posts prompted me to look at my own total, which - as I write this, but not by the time anyone reads it - is 2500. Ah, coincidence; it can be entertaining.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I don't have a favourite. They all jump out at me for different reasons.

5000 posts ! Good Heavens. Tongue

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks for your comments... Smile

I am very happy you like my pictures.

#1 was my first attempt with painted background. I worked with some kind of crayons, you paint in the paper and then you pass over a wet brush. The effect is watercolor. I tried to represent the sea, taking the shells and stone as the beach, the glass as the water and the feather as the seagulls.

Quote:(Your comment about the number of posts prompted me to look at my own total, which - as I write this, but not by the time anyone reads it - is 2500. Ah, coincidence; it can be entertaining.)
That was funny Matthew... Smile

Paul Cezanne

On reflection, my feelings are much the same.

#1 is a sublime still life. Textures spot on - the feather in the glass particularly. The background completely works, and the shells have enough good lines to add interest without distracting from the main theme (particularly the Nautilus-like one).

#2 - I love what you have done here with your presentation, but for some reason, I don't connect with it emotionally. I guess it feels a bit more of a graphic then a still life - excellent graphic though.

#3 - I have always liked this style of processing when you have done it before and I like it now. The matte is wonderful - and totally enhances the photo.

#4 - delightful graphically - what you have done with the colors is very effective. I think this technique is very viable for your commercial work as well. I can see a lot of applications for this.

#5 and #6 - I think that #6 is superior. I don't think that #5 retains enough detail to be viable for this picture. I think that technique when used with something that has more of a flow and curve to it would be superior. For example, I could see a nude or a wrap of fabric working really well with that subtle almost-hinted-at exposure. The texture of the flowers leave me wanting more, though. #6 hits that line well (for this shot). Because there is so much detail, I think you need the extra visibility. I also like the inclusion of the glass on this one.

You have created some beautiful work here Irma and your 500 posts have been of high quality. Thanks for all your input.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris... Smile

Toad thanks a lot for coming back and your detailed review in my series... Smile

#1 I am preparing material to work more with painted backgrounds. There is some work behind this picture, but I like it.

#2 yes Toad is very graphic... but you know what appreciate in this one... first that the patter is not regular, it has some kind of rhombus but irregular, I like that and the other thing I discovered is how not to make it so monotonous by adding some light in the corner. I am hopeful that this idea will bring more interesting works, maybe not with repetitions with the same picture but with pictures of the same theme. Let's see ...

#3 Yes I also liked this one... I think it turned out very sweet and I really like the light in the rose.

#4 The cool area of the color wheel is very difficult to me. It doesn't come natural, I want to start working on those colors.

#5 I know what you mean with this one. I want to work again in this effect with different subject and light. Let's see...

Paul Cezanne

Great Work Irma, for me the first and last are my preferred ones... #1 is spectacular.

First of all, Happy New year once again, dear Irma and all my friends in here, Smile

Your photographical works are amazing dear Irma and I love your style, your colours, your compositions fascinating me always. Especially the first one and the number 5&6! Soft and romantic touches... I loved them so much.

Thank you dear Irma, for everything, how nice to meet with you and how nice to be here with you all,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks Craig for your comment, I appreciate it... Smile

Nia, thanks a lot for your thoughts about my pictures, you are very kind.

I wish you a beautiful year full of photo experiences and great pictures ... Smile

Paul Cezanne

You are welcome and thank you again dear Irma, you are very kind too Smile

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by wulinka
Apr 7, 2008, 17:25