Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ceramic bowls

Took this shot at Dyrham Park, South Glos, England in their kitchen. Poor lighting, f3.5, iso 5000, 1/640 sec, 40mm. Canon 70d.

This is the original.

[img][Image: _MG_1423_zpskvdwiyve.jpg][/img]

This is the best I could manage with photoshop.

[img][Image: _MG_1423%20jugs%20col_zpsn0tmh5as.jpg][/img]

Comments very welcome.

Interesting subject... I would straighten as you have done but... adjust the tonal curves and desaturate, as to get the bowls all looking roughly the same tone as the lightest bowl... probably more like the original terracotta colour? . The issue with editing these small data size images is that the definition and quality will deteriorate... but I think the thing that I am trying to say is they look better with straightened verticals and adjust for lens distortion caused by your shooting angle with that lens.... I am sure others with better editing skills than mine will give their opinion too...

See what you think?

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Bit surprised at your settings, was camera choosing them, or?
This is just one that did not turn out as you wished, doubtful if any software will really rescue, the one that got away?? Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thanks for reply's. My main problem was the reflections on tiles. This was why I cropped so much off the top.
I purposely set the aperture quite wide to give the differential focusing front to back. I must say I could have halved the iso as I didn't need such a high shutter speed even handheld.
Webber.

???? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!