Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chain, Hook And Lake

A very small shipyard at the lake shore had these not exactly new tools...

[Image: 319_DSC_0099_framed.jpg]

[Image: 319_DSC_0105_framed.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I like the tight crop on #1. Colin will probably chime in here. He builds boats - so probably use this type of gear all the time..

I agree with Toad.
I like #1 - the tight crop and rust texture are really nice.
#2 is a very good idea, but I think the background needs to be a bit more special for it to work (perhaps better light and a boat on the water?). I also think the white balance looks quite a bit too blue in #2.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I also like #1. #2 is too blue for my liking. I've seen lots of rust thats for sure. Working around the Fraser river and working on boats that have spent all their time in the ocean you can bet on it. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Very nice, you make the simplest subject look good Smile

Love #1 the rust adds a good impact to the photo. I think #2 could work really well, maybe use the chain and hook as a frame, while focusing on the background? I can see this working really well with a shrimp boat in the background! Tongue

Love #1 - the rust adds a very special touch. #2 doesn't quite work for me... not sure why. Maybe the chains dangling down...

This series set of a little idea in my head, the submarine and marine displays in Fremantle would make great photo ops Big Grin

I agree Wayne.
I have been meaning to take my camera down that way for a while now.... I just never think of it when I've actually got time to go there!
If you go, make sure you share some of your photos with us Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I have to learn how to use my camera first. I just 2 weeks ago finally figured out what an F-stop is Rolleyes

wayney Wrote:I have to learn how to use my camera first. I just 2 weeks ago finally figured out what an F-stop is Rolleyes

*gasp*! You said the F word! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MarkLant
Dec 11, 2017, 14:27
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42