Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Charm of the Carpets

Around the Grand Bazaar, stopped and watched them for a while. Always fascinates me... Maybe one day I can find the flying carpet too Smile

There is a story/anecdote about carpets and I always remember this because I am impressed so much. One day, for his thesis and research, a young man makes a travel to the villages, especially for the carpet weaving... In one of the mountain villages, he noticed that there wasn't any flowers around the village area, much more rocks and stones area but there was a young woman who was weaving a carpet on her weaving loom. She was weaving so beautiful flowers. Then he asked her how did she find these flowers because there wasn't any flowers around the village area... and she said that they were in her heart! She was weaving flower patterns of her heart. (sorry for my langauge I tried to translate but I hope I didn't waste this beautiful story)..... By the way in traditional Turkish carpet weaving there is a meaning and symbol of every each patterns... Carpets are talking as if... They all have their own stories... You don't have only a carpet as if you have their beautiful stories too. Always made me fascinated and impressed.

1)
[Image: IMG_2719a.jpg]

2)
[Image: IMG_2721a.jpg]

3)
[Image: 22_IMG_2722a.jpg]

4)
[Image: IMG_2724a.jpg]

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Great series!

Everything that is made by hand carries a bit of the story of the person who made it....
Beautiful story nia and lovely pictures too. I like the colors of your country.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Toad Wrote:Great series!
Thank you dear Robert, you are so nice,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Irma Wrote:Everything that is made by hand carries a bit of the story of the person who made it....
Beautiful story nia and lovely pictures too. I like the colors of your country.... Smile
There is always a story behind everything and I love to hear them; as if they make them alive... Smile

Thank you dear Irma, you are so nice too,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

These are great. Keep grabbing what you see.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:These are great. Keep grabbing what you see.
What I see..... ah, yes, to take pictures is so exciting, I can't explain this but you have already known this and have been living in this feeling too! But to come back home and to study for all pictures and choose them, and load them and to work on them
etc. Offfffffffff... these are really make me tired! I need an assistant Smile and sometimes I imagine a camera you only take pictures it makes everything by itself. What a idea... So dear Don, what I see I really take their pictures, the number of them are always going more and more... nothing can make me stop! But I remember in the past, with an old camera, with the film remember, oh my God, I spent all my money for them, because I was taking so many pictures... and then I was going to photography shop and they were printing my photos... old days!

I just talked and shared again.... Smile Thank you dear Don, you are so nice,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
May 13, 2010, 04:44
Last Post by nia
May 13, 2010, 01:25