Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cheeky red squirell - what do you think?

Hi All

My first post here as a new member would appreciate all feedback comments and critique on this picture. I have had mixed reviews from other people so wondered what you lovely people thought?

[Image: squirell.jpg]

Thanks

Ivan

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Pretty cute little bugger. Smile The only thing I'd have to point out is it's ears being cut.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Welcome ,
I agree with Peto , but i think the focus is great ,. Thanks for sharring ..

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hey Ivan, welcome!

I like the pic - it's gorgeous. I think you've captured the most important details, and have done it well. The most important bits are in focus, and tight framing is good IMHO.

Jules

I was told to focus on the eyes. That looks like its nose, Wink but you have to find them first to focus on anything.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Love his colouring and eyes Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I like the composition and DOF. The color is gorgeous, so warm and cosy.. The detail in the focus area is beautiful. To me it is as if you caught it just coming out of a hole.

I like the blue sky reflected in the eye, but also I think it would be nice to have more light in the eye, perhaps by giving a bit more brightness in that area of the eye?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks all. NT73 you are dead right the eyes have it and this one does not! So difficult to get the focus right when they are moving so quick. Appreciate your comments.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Great shot, nothing to add that hasn't already been said!

It's so hard to get these fast little critters in focus and framed as you want, great job!

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a shot. Sometimes focus is not everything.
Your shot has a charm all of its own.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.