Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chelters and the new lens(1)

Had a morning in Cheltenham, purposefully at the Regency end: some architectural delights there. Decided to put the 16-35 through its paces; I found it very refreshing to be able to rely on a lens all the way to the edges, and also enjoyed the chance to stick at the 16mm end and try and shot uncropped(just because I can, really)

Here are 3 all at 16mm, all uncropped, all at f22.

The first one is an HDR from the same raw file, as there was a range of at least 3 stops:

[Image: HD%20statuesWEB.jpg]

2 different formats of the same scene in the shopping centre. I was very pleased with how much lo-contrast detail this lens can pull in at f22, even down to the corners. 16mm is an amazing focal length.

[Image: IMG_0051web.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0052-02_web.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I like very much the first one. Very nice contrast there.
The last one is my fav of all... I love the movement there and the stand still of people in the benches... Your work with lines is also very nice... Smile

Thanks for sharing!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thank you Irma.
I forgot to mention:
Do you see a tiny mark that appears in the top centre of each photo of the ceiling of the shopping centre?
It's a small red mark in the colour one and a tiny dot in the mono one...
:|
Hmm...I'd thought that it was maybe sensor dust...
Sad
...BUT then had a closer look...
:/
...and saw that it is a child's balloon!
Big Grin
And just to prove it, here's a 500% crop(yes, 500)...

[Image: 52balloon%20crop.jpg]

This lens just about resolves the string dangling on the end...wheeeheee!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

That crop is sharper than some of my originals.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

there was a crying child somewhere! I really like the first one, the HDR is really well done.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

The HDR is very well done and I like all the images. That is one thing the lens does really well - keeping straight lines straight even at 16mm.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Vanisle John
Oct 15, 2016, 10:53
Last Post by caveman
Mar 1, 2016, 09:22
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 17, 2016, 02:50