Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chinese Celebration

Hey all,

I just posted my blog about my participation
in a traditional Chinese festival ceremony in the countryside. It was a wonderful experience, one single day that seemed like a month, so much did I see.

You don't have to read the whole story (it's looong), but I might as well not write it all down again here,
so go and have a look at the pictures!

The festival we celebrated is the Dead People's day, or we would probably call it All Saints even though in China
of course it is not a Christian festival.

I also talked with my students about this festival, and Irma, I showed them pictures
about el Dia de los Muertos, they were very scared of the little sugar skulls .... Smile

Greetings to all,

Uli

Edit> I edited the link, it was wrong.

Lovely pictures Uli...
Those of the kids are great!! I can see a lot of material there for a chapter in a printing book of your pictures... Wink

Btw, the other day I saw your chicken series... Wow! Amazing series too.

Pity I didn't know you would talk with your students about El dia de los muertos. I got a nice and colorful picture of dressed skeletons... Very Mexican.... Smile Kids are always after those sugar skulls....and you can get them also made of chocolate.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I found it!

It was printed in T-shirt in a street market. I wanted to use it as a Halloween card, but I did. Maybe this year... Wink

[Image: IMG_0469-Edit.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thank you Irma, I love it.
I will show it to my students in class tomorrow Smile

Uli

My Guilin hotel pc wont let me look at your blog ulrika, but I will look when I arrive home.
I had a night off tours last night...My feet are killing me. Big GrinBig Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT, I know, believe it or not, I cannot view my own blog.
But strangely enough I can still upload my writings.... Smile

I am excited to hear about your trip later, enjoy your time!!

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post