Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chose these for Miniature Show

I have chosen these for a miniature show in Feb. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

(Dec 31, 2013, 14:00)Clicker2014 Wrote:  I have chosen these for a miniature show in Feb. Your thoughts are appreciated.

What's a "miniature show"?

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Same question. The one on the left is a no, to me, other a definite, Yes. Ed.

You cannot have any picture larger than 16 square inches. The frames can be large, but the pictures have to stay within 16 sq. in. It is a very popular show and there are a lot of entries every year. It can be any type of picture..i.e. photo, oil, watercolor, mixed...etc. It is amazing what the artists come up with!
(Dec 31, 2013, 14:57)Wall-E Wrote:  
(Dec 31, 2013, 14:00)Clicker2014 Wrote:  I have chosen these for a miniature show in Feb. Your thoughts are appreciated.

What's a "miniature show"?

(Dec 31, 2013, 15:09)EdMak Wrote:  Same question. The one on the left is a no, to me, other a definite, Yes. Ed.
Not sure what you mean Ed. Are you saying the soft focus one is a no? One is above the other on my screen...not side by side. :-)

The one with the water drops is my preferred choice, was never into soft focus, old fashioned. Ed.

If these were my photos, I would want to simplify them in some way - both appear to have areas that are unnecessary. E.g. Perhaps a 3:4 crop of each - less seems more here, in my opinion:

Philip

(Jan 1, 2014, 01:49)EdMak Wrote:  The one with the water drops is my preferred choice, was never into soft focus, old fashioned. Ed.

Thanks Ed! Much appreciated! Sharon.

I love those crops Philip! You are so right!.. Especially the second one!! Greatly appreciate you input! Sharon.... p.s. Happy New Year everyone!
(Jan 1, 2014, 07:08)MrB Wrote:  If these were my photos, I would want to simplify them in some way - both appear to have areas that are unnecessary. E.g. Perhaps a 3:4 crop of each - less seems more here, in my opinion:

Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post