Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Circle of Arts in Eutin.

We spent a lovely afternoon at the Circle of Arts in Eutin yesterday. This time, Hans, who is poet and photographer dedicated this exhibition to the German-Danish painter Emil Nolde.

[Image: IMG_8184-Edit.jpg]

I was lucky to have to room empty for an overview picture of the place, it was full of color and beautiful pictures mainly taken in Hawai 20 years ago, and poesy that Hans has written over the last years.

[Image: IMG_8187-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8193-Edit.jpg]

As you can see these photo exhibitions in Eutin are far from what one can imagine about a photo exposition were we see consistency in framing and matting, but I like them. They show not only pictures but also books, the props they used for the picture and some other important things for them to show.

This red fabric you see here is a pareo, a friend of Hans wore to take her pictures.

[Image: IMG_8196-Edit.jpg]

As it is already too cold outside they use the next little room to gather and drink coffee or tea.... and also take picture of the teapot... This time we met a nice lady. She is a doctor and takes beautiful pictures. She lives in Ruegen the place we were last year in our holidays. She adviced us about the best time of the year to take pictures of the island.

[Image: IMG_8211-Edit.jpg]

The lady at the left is a painter, she had her exposition of portraits last month. Unfortunately we couldn't assist.

[Image: IMG_8230-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8212-Edit.jpg]

I asked Hans to pose for me with his pictures and G to lend me his flash to use as a slave. I was thinking he would bounce the flash to the ceiling but he pointed the flash direct to Hans. When I see the hard flash I thought my picture would be bad, but when I saw the effect I liked it!!

So I played zoom, zoom, zoom

[Image: IMG_8216-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8218-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8219-Edit.jpg]

My appologies if you find the colors not correct in the pictures but the idea was not to work too much on my pictures this time, as they were part of an event I was invited.

Hope you like them, nonetheless... Wink

Advice and critique is always welcome...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Excellent story and support photos. I really like the full body shot of Hans in the chair.

Yes - I agree with Toad the full length of Hans is the best of the three.

Canon stuff.

great opportunity for you to spend time with these people! I can see you enjoy it.
Is this the place where you were talking about having an exhibition yourself?

Uli

Thank you; a lovely slice of life; he has a good "portrait face", doesn't he?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Toad, Chris,
Unfortunately I had to crop a bit of the shadow of the chair because of composition...

Uli,
Yes, there it will be. Actually, I will be a shared exhibition and the other photographer will be Hans... Smile

Zig,
You are right he has a very interesting face. Actually he asked me when he was posing: like this or how?!?! And I said, like this is ok, but a little smile also would be fine...
He smiled and took the picture, but I think it wasn't a natural pose and I didn't like it. I liked more his natural smile in one of the pictures above ... Smile

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by wulinka
Mar 15, 2008, 02:28