Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Close up filters

[attachment=2047]Took this yesterday whilst out walking, using a 0.4 and 0.1 dioptre close up lens on my leica v lux 1. First time I have used that type of filter.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice shot. Demonstrates the shallow depth of field you get with these lenses. I would be interested to know where your point of focus was. Potential for including the front of the flower more in focus by shifting point of focus a little more towards the camera.

Thanks Dean. To be honest as this was my first attempt with these filters I was more interested in their sharpness than depth of field so relied on the macro autofocus built into the camera. On my next outing I will resort to manual focusing to improve the image. Attached is a photo of fungus I took under the same circumstances. Many thanks for your comment. Gordon

Good experiments. Try a smaller f stop to increase depth of field.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

In both instances did well at F2.8, and, if hand held, even better. Experimenting is a good idea. Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Mar 28, 2016, 05:48