Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cloudy Day Pictures - Old gas pump

Here are a few pictures taken yesterday on my new camera. As many of you know, I am not an expert here but definitely willing to learn. Cool

I did you the auto intelligence mode on these for now as I am learning. Hope that is okay for now. Huh

I don't feel these are necessarily good enough to place in the showcase forum, so here is your chance to provide me with some honest feedback. Sad

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Barbara, this is a good detail shot from your other photo and, as with that one of the whole gas station, I think the colours are great. The AI Mode has done a good job to reproduce the subject and surroundings well.

If you get the chance to re-shoot, perhaps you might use Av (Aperture Priority) Mode. This would enable the lens to be set to its widest aperture to put the background more out of focus, making the pump stand out sharply in the blur. You might also consider changing your position slightly (and/or the lens zoom) to include or exclude the whole of the wheel on the right, and to include all of the black pipe at the bottom.

Just my initial thoughts - hope that is helpful.

Cheers.
Philip

Philip,

I did step in closely and made this a separate photograph. I have others that I will also post here in the forums.

I will try to use the Av mode - I have never had a nice camera so I have lots to learn obviously! I really appreciate you giving your thoughts and suggestions!

I just bought this camera a few months ago (Canon Rebel SL1) and have always had point and shoot cameras prior to this new adventure!

Ditto Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Barbara, do you remember the simulator? You can have great fun, and learn all about the modes and settings and their effects, by playing around on here:-

http://camerasim.com/apps/camera-simulator/

(When you get to that page, scroll down it for the instructions.)

Cheers.
Philip

Whatever te compositional opinions, have to say that you've really captured the amazing texture of the pump - nice one!

MrB - thank you I will have to check that out.

Vik- thank you as I am on a huge learning curve. :0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Jan 4, 2011, 07:56