Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Conscious Construction

The other people that I was with didn't find this funny, but I did. Has the construction industry gotten to the point that being awake is a selling point?

Maybe they meant "Conscientious" as in "good attention to details"... Big GrinBig Grin

[Image: Concious%20Construction%20sm.jpg]

Great catch. This is the sort of thing that keeps me amused for hours.

(Their website repeats the flub, too.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Yes, it was a great catch! Well done dear Robert,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

I too find it funny, no worries. The only like phrase that springs to mind is in fact "conscience-building" or even consciousness....
...Hmm, such an odd malapropism really; you say their site repeats the naff inanity too?...The only thing I can think of is that this type of repeated "quasi- bon mot" is in our country redolent of the rather quaint gaffes by people from the Indian subcontinent.

I have to say, ladies and gentlemen, I'm not so much glad of this bit of light relief as for an actual photo! Having a decent pic turn up(on a photography-oriented site too!) is almost Off-Topic of late. I quickly add that I am to "blame" every bit as much as others...my Creativity Tanks seem to full with music at present, and I'm awaiting a suitable frenzy of inspiration!
I know Toad is building up a locomotive-sized head of steam for his Gran Tourismo, so is to be lauded, forgiven and encouraged...that is, until he comes back with absolutely blinding works of photographic art, in which case it's loupes out at 20 paces of course... Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:I know Toad is building up a locomotive-sized head of steam for his Gran Tourismo, so is to be lauded, forgiven and encouraged...that is, until he comes back with absolutely blinding works of photographic art, in which case it's loupes out at 20 paces of course... Big Grin
Well, truth be told, the last time I went to Italy, I had my camera (Olympus OM-1) stolen on the third day there and brought home no photos at all. That's a good lesson in huberis.

Thanks everybody for your comments - this is an iPhone photo - which probably says more than about any hypothetical output from a so-called *super kit*, Its a lot of fun accumulating a gear, but its also dead easy (for me a least) to lose track of the fact that the gear is the tail wagging the dog.

You know, I was thinking last night to ask what camera you were using as your quick-draw carry-everywhere choice, as I didn't imagine that you'd have your M with you when you were out with other people. Penny loves her iPhone, and doesn't see the point of a compact camera, while I carry my little Panasonic TS3 with me everywhere. (And the camera on my blackberry is the pits.)

I think they were trying for something along the lines of environmentally conscious, but that's not what they managed to say.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post