Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Constantine - the movie

Anyone seen Constantine (the movie)?

Apart from the pretty cool special effects, I thought it was a bunch of hogwash....

It started off pretty good - and I think it tried to leave the viewer guessing by introduce things bit by bit... but each new concept it introduced was more farfetched and harder to swallow. I dunno, didn't sit with me....

And don't get me started on the theology.. .Big Grin

Tell what happens, the beginning the ending, ruin it so that I don't have to waste my time going to watch it Smile

I've never even heard of it! :o

Cave canem

Isn't is based on a comic book series?

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1618

Yeah I heard that it was based on a comic series...

I usually don't listen to the radio, read magazines, newspapers or watch tv;
but i heard about it on the radio, because they leave the radio on at work, in the workshop Smile

adam Wrote:I usually don't listen to the radio, read magazines, newspapers or watch tv;

err...how do you stay informed of what is actually happening in the world then?

Toad Wrote:
adam Wrote:I usually don't listen to the radio, read magazines, newspapers or watch tv;

err...how do you stay informed of what is actually happening in the world then?

Isn't that what the internet is for? Big Grin

I find most of the news on tv or in print is depressing :/

Same gritty feel as the Matrix, but 1/10 the plot quality.

Plenty of focus on demons (and even Lucifer himself shows up at the end) but light on the angel/God part, which should tell you how much they really know about God....

If you're Christian, this show will disappoint you in more ways than one.

But I must admit, I did feel a slight twinge of satisfaction when evil Gabe got her comeuppance...

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I thought it was a great movie..... and just that

Imagine....

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/post.php?tid=2182

The movie was terrible. It had nothing to do with the reality of spirituality. Apart from that it just wasn't a very entertaining movie either. Kind of slow and boring.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Everyone has their own opinions. Mine is that the movie was kinda cool. I liked it. I try not to be too critical of movies like this. Put your brain on the couch and just enjoy. It is Hollywood.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:Everyone has their own opinions. Mine is that the movie was kinda cool. I liked it. I try not to be too critical of movies like this. Put your brain on the couch and just enjoy. It is Hollywood.

To be honest I do enjoy the some of the brainless action type of movies such as the Matrix series, my all time favorite. The Terminator series. These movies have one thing in common that Constantine did not. A half decent plot. The storyline of Constantine was very fragmented and at most times really didn't seem to go anywhere. No character development and just didn't make sense half the time. Some of the effects were ok, but I did not see anything spectacular that hasn't been done before alot better.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Just watched it in the same mode I use for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" etc (ie Christian thinking temporarily suspended). Thought it was a very entertaining film in the good old fashioned "good versus evil" vein. Like all such films it has nothing to do with spiritual reality whatsoever and taken in that way it was well worth watching.

--NN

You probably wont be suprised to hear that I also just watched the film. Big Grin

A bit odd, but ok. Dont know why some thought it lacked a plot though.

If you really want wierd, may I suggest "Pi" Now that's so odd, it makes you think you fell asleep and missed bits! Big Grin

Cave canem

One thing I had to do for this movie was just forget how crappy of an actor Keanu Reeves really is. Between my wife and I we are quite easy to please when it comes to movies. It has to be extremely bad in order for us not to enjoy it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Big Grin

Mind ewe, I watch so little TV/DVD, that I suppose I'm easily amused by it.

Like beer. I cant tell one from another. In fact, I cant even remember when I last drank alcohol. :/

Cave canem

Season 2 of Battlestar is rockin' good so far!

Oops, sorry, off-topic. Tongue

Looking forward to that if it comes over here, but if it does it won't be 'til autumn.

--NN

guitarman Wrote:To be honest I do enjoy the some of the brainless action type of movies such as the Matrix series, my all time favorite. The Terminator series. These movies have one thing in common that Constantine did not. A half decent plot. The storyline of Constantine was very fragmented and at most times really didn't seem to go anywhere. No character development and just didn't make sense half the time. Some of the effects were ok, but I did not see anything spectacular that hasn't been done before alot better.

Hey good point there - these days screenwriters and directors think they can get away with lousy writing and substituting with lots of special effects...

If you can't come up with a plot..... DO A REMAKE! Tongue

War of the Worlds anyone?

Going off topic for a sec, after watching the Matrix trilogy, does anyone find it hard to lend credibility to ex-Matrix cast starring in subsequent movies?

I see Keanu Reeves in 'Constantine' and I half expect him to go into bullet-time. I see Lawrence Fishburne in 'Assault in Precinct 13' and I half expect him to slap on those frameless sunglasses and go kung-fu on the baddies. I see Sam Neill in 'Lord of the Rings' and I half expect Elrond to say, "Mr. Anderson......" Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Yes, i watched Constantine movie. I can't really forget the tag line of the movie "Hell wants him. Heaven won't take him. Earth needs him. "

Holy thread ressurection Batman!

hmm.. Unfortunately this isn't an appropriate place to be advertising weapons CaptainUniverse, even if they are related to the thread topic. I changed the URL in your sig to something a little more family-friendly.
If you really did come here to discuss photography then welcome. But sadly I suspect you didn't...

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Ha ha, the prodigal moderator has returned! Big Grin

lol Jules... I couldn't go past this one! I had to use the super-powers you bestowed upon me. Tongue

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Apr 14, 2014, 05:52
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 11, 2013, 08:01
Last Post by Irma
Jan 12, 2010, 13:58