Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just got back from a shoot in Sydney.

Hi everyone,

I just returned from photographing a huge birthday party over the weekend. I actually work for this company as a regular job and so sometimes I land shooting assignments for the company.

The head of our company turned 60 and his daughter 30 - so they had a 220 guest party to celebrate.

I got invited and am also getting paid to photograph it - but the best thing was getting all the album business from his daughter's wedding.

She got married in Germany at the family castle. They spent a lot of money on the wedding and someone in Germany orgainsed a local photographer to shoot the wedding. Anyway, she has been so unhappy with the photos she hasn't even shown her parents the pictures.

Now she has asked me to fix up the photos. Just before I left for Sydney I received the 3000 photos on DVD to edit Smile

I stayed up almost all night and got the shots down to 600 or so, printed a proof album and two larger prints in frames for a birthday present and took it all to Sydney along with samples of my other wedding album work.

I had a meeting with her and she has ended up ordering about $6000 worth of albums from me (including $500 for the work I had already done). To make it even better they gave me a $3000 cheque to get started.

I am pretty excited about this as these people are high society and if I can do a good job it might mean word spreads pretty fast. The family are German Counts and Countesses.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Wow! Cool! Congrats.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Awesome!

3000 photos. I can't imagine. I took 300 at my brother-in-law's wedding on Saturday, and am drowning. You're definitely earning your keep; if anything, you're probably being under-paid for the calibre of work you'll do. But, if this is the start of something big, it's worth it. And, the boss and his daughter are never bad people to impress.

I'd be taking that first cheque to buy a new computer to be able to handle the work. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Good news Chris, I hope it brings you lots of work............. Wink

That fantastic! Way to go! Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Congrats, Smile

Well - I won't have to edit all 3000 or even the 600. Just the ones that will go in the album. Maybe a 100 or so, plus lay out the album (one main album and two mini albums the same as the big one), print the pictures and make the albums (I use Jorgensen Albums). I will also do some more proof albums (not too complicated - book style) and a DVD slideshow.

Should work out pretty well - just went with the pricing I normally offer on wedding work.

Cheque will be going to pay off some credit card debtSad

Still - good to clear some of it.

Thanks everyone.

Canon stuff.

WOW! congrats man!

Good Job!

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

hi

nice to hear you got some great work...hope it open more doors.

take care

christian

Congrats on the job!! sounds like heeps of work, hope it turns out worth the money.

Are you going to show pics from the birthday party here? Or are they privat?

I'm dying to see some, uli

woohooo!!! Congrats Chris, that's fantastic news!
And well deserved too! Big Grin
Keep us posted on how it pans out.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks everyone - as for the birthday party I think I will keep them private. Hope you guys are cool with that.

Canon stuff.

Congrats Chris... sounds like an awesome deal / opportunity...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 29, 2019, 09:16