Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Contrasting weather.

This one taken one sunny day last week. I went to Luebeck and I had really nice time taking my pictures. Not so meny went fine but from the lot one or two are ok... Smile

[Image: IMG_8266-Edit.jpg]

In contrast, on Sunday we went to Mölln to take some pictures of buildings as now is my topic. We got caught in the rain so we stayed in a building in front of these house. I got the chance of taking few pictures while raining... At the beginning thought, they wouldn't be nice, but at the end I liked the result.

[Image: IMG_8633-Edit.jpg]

My appologies for posting so many at once.

Thanks for your comments... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The last is my fav , well done on them both Irma ...

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I kind of like them both.
The first one must have a fair bit of PP to get the roof of the cloisters, and the outside of the arch to show .
There is a lot of contrast between the two.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like the 2nd one - however would have liked to see all the building in the shot Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile
This place in Mölln is a kind of plaza, with street caffes and restaurantes. Wonderful place to visit in nice weather.

Pat, I promise to show you a picture of the whole building when I have a nice sky. The original picture shows the whole building and the tower of another old building in the background. The sky in the picture is white as the clouds where too low, still it does have information enough to work and hdr. Thing is that I wanted to focus in the mood with the man in the corner more than in the building. However the building always takes the view... Smile

Edit...

NT Thanks for your advice and comment on the first one. I will work with the light in the frame.

Paul Cezanne

Irma..... I was not saying it needs anything done to it.
I was saying you must already have done a lot of work to get the different contrasts to show.
I took some a while ago in an old abbey, and know how difficult it is.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sorry NT, I missunderstood... The thing is that along my post processing the arc got a bit dark, so I thought I could restore some detail... About the exposure, I left the light in the floor blown out. I didn't take that light into consideration in my exposure time. I measure my light from the ceiling.

I am also very happy with this picture because it was 1/15s handheld... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Both are lovely Irma - I too would like to see more of the building.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris for your comment.. Smile

I will try to light this part up a bit.

Paul Cezanne

I meant the top of the building in number 2 that is cropped out.

Canon stuff.

Sorry Chris, I've been a bit distracted lately... Sad

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Dec 28, 2015, 10:26
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 20, 2013, 13:29
Last Post by PhotoPlay
Nov 23, 2013, 15:05