Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Couple of nature shots from Vacation.

Scratching an Itch, Black Bear.
Canon 5DIII, 1/320s, F/5.6, ISO 320, 300mm (heavily cropped)

Greater Roadrunner with Caterpillar snack.
Canon 7DII, 1/640s, F/5.6, ISO640, 300mm

Well done Craig.
Delighted to see that the Black Bear is " heavily cropped ". Personally would have no desire to get too close to one. Thanks for the Roadrunner, first one that I have seen apart from the cartoon character.
Both shots are excellent captures with superb detail.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Mike.

I took about 90 shots of the roadrunner, and in none of them did it drop an anvil on a coyote! Thanks for the comments.

Excellent captures - well taken.

Superb images Craig - I particularly like the Roadrunner and would be too scared to get anywhere near that bear.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Nice shots Craig... forgive me... I fear the bird may be mis-identified... A "Roadrunner" [Geococcyx californianus ] is a tall bird with dark brown, long stork like legs, blue/grey plumage with a prominent dark blue crest! Whatever the bird is.. I like the shot! :-) Black bear too is usually an opportunistic shot with many turning out to be a shot of a disappearing back end... good that you got the whole bear :-) Thanks for the share

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Missed these Craig,very happy to have caught up with them. Ed.

To each his own!

No crest on the female RoadRunners Rolf, that one was about 14 inches in height.

http://www.prbo.org/calpif/htmldocs/spec...unner.html

Same bird from a different angle.

(Oct 2, 2015, 23:24)EnglishBob Wrote:  Scratching an Itch, Black Bear.
Canon 5DIII, 1/320s, F/5.6, ISO 320, 300mm (heavily cropped)

Greater Roadrunner with Caterpillar snack.
Canon 7DII, 1/640s, F/5.6, ISO640, 300mm

Super captures !

Now that is a really good shot! (I was kidding about the Roadrunner... I had only ever the Cartoon version to go on... these birds are not here in Calgary, and certainly never found in rural Shropshire! :-) )

Are they common in your neck of the woods?

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Never seen one in California, despite going to the areas they are supposed to be. Seen them in Arizona and more commonly in New Mexico.

Certainly got his eye on you. Great. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19