Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Critique please

Please give critique

Attached Files Image(s)

It is a beautiful pen and inkwell, but the feather has lost its detail in moire patterns here - that could be the down-sizing used for the web. I also wonder whether the corners of the paper should be contained within the composition?

Perhaps it might help if you tell members what you were trying to achieve - for example, if it is writing by candle light, as in olden times, then the lighting on the viewer's side of the still-life scene (the nearside) seems too strong.

Cheers.
Philip

The pen appears to be floating. Ed.

To each his own!

(Apr 22, 2014, 10:48)MrB Wrote:  It is a beautiful pen and inkwell, but the feather has lost its detail in moire patterns here - that could be the down-sizing used for the web. I also wonder whether the corners of the paper should be contained within the composition?

Perhaps it might help if you tell members what you were trying to achieve - for example, if it is writing by candle light, as in olden times, then the lighting on the viewer's side of the still-life scene (the nearside) seems too strong.

Cheers.
Philip
Hi Phillip
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my picture. I received the pen & inkwell as a birthday gift and just thought I would take some pictures of them. Just trying to learn as much as I can by playing and trying different things out. And I'm always looking for objects/people to practice on. On the original it looks like there is plenty of detail in the feathers.thank you again I reallly appreciate all critique comments etc it's the only way I will learn.

I like the beautiful colours and your composition, Charlie but I also agree with Philip that including the corners of the paper might have made it even better.

Regards

Coachline.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Aug 19, 2017, 03:37