Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crossing over

Thought it was a fitting title.
Am framing several A3-sized prints this week; this is a websized version of one of them, taken with the 16-35mm.

[Image: 247crossingover_ST.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Solid work here Zig. Your presentation - particularly the bottom text and rough edges really add to the piece. The image itself is a great perspective and the interplay between the light and shadows and between the 2 figures works a treat. I also really like the strong groupings of lines that are everywhere in this shot.

A+

I love the geometry and lines Zig. Great angle and composition. Fantastic.
I'm not a big fan of the soft glow effect, but I do like the rest of the processing.

Your photo reminds me of Rez in real life. Cool That game was pure psychedelic performance art where the player was the performer. Mesmerising.
[Image: RezHDA.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

The shadows, the lines, the curves, etc. They are all so impressive I loved the light and shadows in this photograph, standing so impressive and nice. Thank you dear Zig, I would like to see more from this series Smile

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Very kind all; d'you know, I'm pretty sure I used no glowy/diffusy thing at all in the processing....indeed was most careful to retain the shot's considerable sharpness. I did dodge up some highlights however and did a curves thing whereby mids are slightly warmer and the top end more neutral. There was a lot of light knocking around, being taken on a sunny Italian afternoon, so that I found on dodging a kind of glow was revealed from places that shots in more northern latitudes do not have. I'll have to put it down to the "Canon glow" then Adrian! Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

This is really classic stuff. My first reaction was "overexposed" but then it snapped into place for me.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like it! I find the rail a strong element in your picture. It is as if I were there looking from the balcon.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Nov 16, 2015, 08:48