Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cruise to Paradise

[Image: Beach%20resize2.jpg]

This is the beach at Grand Turk in the Caribbean. Probably one of the nicest views on the island that was devastated by Huricane Ike in September. Much of the interior of this island is still in a mess. I had a great deal of fun using my new ultra wide lens on my cruise vacation last week. I rarely took it off the camera. I'll be processing a few more photos from my trip and hope to post some more images soon.

The beach is great. The ship spoils it as it swamps the beach.
The photo of it shows the scale. I kind of like it. Cool

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I was trying to see what the lens could do at 11mm. wide. Taking this photo, I was crouching low in the wet sand; the rocks in the foreground were only inches from the camera and the humongous ship several hundred feet away. I might have taken some more images with different angles/perspectives and exposures, but the incoming waves filled my shoes with water and I reluctantly vacated that spot. We couldn't disembark until after 1:00 pm, so the light wasn't idea, but I'm happy with the results. I made a 13x19 in. print that I will frame and hang for a while as a great vacation memory......Dennis

It does pretty well. Smile
Why worry about the water. It dries pretty quick in those climates. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Lovely photo Dennis. The beach and the clouds are wonderfull, great colours and yes, I even like the ship. Good lens! P

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Nice photo EG. Makes me want to be there so is infinitely commercial and saleable. Suggest submitting this to a stock shop. It will sell dozens of times.

Awesome photo - I agree with Rob. Great composition and use of scale.

Canon stuff.

Love it, great shot.

I love it my man; great shot IMO.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I love this shot! It looks like a photoshop job with the ship just slapped in there. It seems truth is stranger than fiction Wink
It's certainly a memorable image. The composition, colours and sky are all fantastic. Excellent use of UWA too.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

>>The ship spoils it as it swamps the beach.<<
I did not mean the photo when I said this. It just seems as though the cruise ship is spoiling the pleasure of the swimmers.
As everyone says it is a great photo. Smile

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post