Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curious Cat

Hi folks,
my first post here, so be gentle with me ;-)

I was finishing a walk through the village on a gloomy day and came across a bunch of cats milling around a front door, I loved the colour of this little fella and his contrast against the green door. He was quite timid, ducking back in every time I moved, so I had to bide my time and waited, for what seemed like an eternity, until it was curious enough to come out and then eventually looked right at me.

Sacrificed ISO for depth of field, as I wanted the face sharply in focus, but the scratched and stained door, not so much.

[Image: New-Mills-Summer-cat_zps0w92oy0h.jpg]

Considered a closer crop, but loses the green I think, I'm pretty poor a deciding if I like a crop, so in the end, removed a little negative space above but left the width alone.

Canon 5D MKIII
Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6
Aperture : f/5.6
Focal Length : f5.6.
ISO-3200
Exposure : 1/320th sec

Love the eyes.

Thanks, unusually the pupils are at an angle rather than straight, gives him a differnt look I think. Macro is nicer for cats eyes though I believe, they look astonishing.

[Image: 107A9652_zps8ysn7pma.jpg]

Canon 100mm Macro.

The cat definitely has personality Smile great shot!

Two very nice expressive cat portraits Chris - well taken.

Photography is a never-ending journey

I like both of your photos. The first one is the best. I like it best because the cat is stretching slightly to look around the corner - curious. I like the depth of field you achieved too. Keep up the good work. Have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

Excellent captures - well taken.

Well spotted and taken.

If you want any Critique, then the Forum for this is where to post. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks everybody for the kind comments.

@pixbyjnjphotos : Thanks for the kind works, it was the movement as we played hide and seek I was hoping to capture.

@Ed : Thanks, understand what the critique section is for, however here I hope as well as showing the photo, sharing my motivation for taking it, composition etc.

Really enjoying the forums, few are more friendly thank you folks, much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post