Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curves

We went to the port today... It was a beautifulday, very cold but we had beautiful blue sky... That was the best of the day... Smile

I got two or three good ones and I am happy with that... Smile

Few day ago I made my decision about the lens and I got the 85mm f1.8... Smile I like it a lot!! I have taken already some pictures, some still life and pictures at home and it is beautiful. I had problems at the beginning with the contrast, but I switched all my picture style setting to cero and it is working much better. With the time I will be changing one or two things until I get the right settings. Here are two pictures with this lens.

I made a bw conversion to get better contrast between the subject and background.

[Image: IMG_8716-Edit.jpg]

Here is another one I took yesterday... Both happened to have nice curves ... Smile

[Image: IMG_8609-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for your comments.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Congratulations on the new lens. I really like #2 for the combination of colours and the different texture. The first photo looks a lot like winter, and I'm still in denial about it coming.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Nice one. The funny thing about photography is you all keep adding lenses. Musicians swop guitars and amplifiers. :/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Tell me about it! I just packed my "little" camera bag with four lenses, three of which include a 50mm focal length. (One at the long end, one at the short end, and the third's a prime.) I'm not even going to mention that I have a fourth lens that includes 50mm, and that two of them do it at f/2. In what other universe would that make sense?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

#2 has really lovely curves and color.

yep, I like no 2, too. nice texture! is this a crop at all? or the frame as you shot it? How do you find 85mm?

Uli

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

I like my lens, it gives very sharp pictures and also gives nice bokeh. I think it is the right for the room I have for taking still life. I've been taking picture at home, to Lucky and I am pleased.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by guerito
Mar 30, 2005, 02:53