Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dahlia

In September each year, a nearby garden centre holds a Dahlia Festival, with lots of its blooms on show for several days. This photo was to highlight the attractiveness and radiance of each one of the beautiful dahlia flowers. It was taken hand-held in natural light, using a 40mm prime lens at f/4, 1/100s, and ISO 1250, and enhanced in PSP X4:

Thank you for posting in the showcase forum! I love flowers and love your shot! You did well in highlighting the flower in my opinion!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

A very nice image. Its a little bit soft on the tips of the outer petals but i can live with that.

Thank you Barbara and Dean, I'm pleased you like it.

You are quite right about the petal tips, Dean; I should have raised the ISO to be able to increase the depth of field (probably only 2 or 3 cm at that distance) by stopping down more, as these are quite deep flower heads.

Love how it was shot. not distracting background also. Makes me more look at the flower more.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Thank you, PhotoPlay. The background can be quite distracting in this sort of shot, so it was darkened in Paintshop Pro.