Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deerhaven Industrial

I like taking industrial shots. This is for critique. Could have done landscape, but this shot is more impressive, or so I think. Anyway only enhancement is B&W and "vibrancy" in Paintshop. My Nikon Coolpix, fixed lens, zoom, autofocus. Feel free to critique........

Attached Files Image(s)

Perhaps a crop to remove the bits of the tall tree from the left hand side?

Cheers.
Philip

Do you mean the "whole tree", or just the two bits at the top?

(Mar 15, 2015, 18:32)MrB Wrote:  Perhaps a crop to remove the bits of the tall tree from the left hand side?

Cheers.
Philip

E.g. If it were mine, I would go for a 2:3 crop, something like this -

It looks rather odd to me to see a tree without its trunk. (Of course there are exceptions, e.g. when the foliage is being used to frame the subject.)

Cheers.
Philip

Actually, I thought about doing that, but for some strange reason, I kind of liked the tree.................Yes, you are right, and it is better. Thanks.

(Mar 16, 2015, 01:56)MrB Wrote:  E.g. If it were mine, I would go for a 2:3 crop, something like this -

It looks rather odd to me to see a tree without its trunk. (Of course there are exceptions, e.g. when the foliage is being used to frame the subject.)

Cheers.
Philip

(Mar 17, 2015, 00:12)czkid Wrote:  Actually, I thought about doing that, but for some strange reason, I kind of liked the tree...

If you like the tree, and if you are able to capture the scene again, perhaps you could compose a shot that includes the whole tree. That new image might tell a different story, contrasting the Man-Made Towers - those two chimneys, with Mother Nature's Tower - the tall tree; and also contrasting the environmental opponents - the first probably emitting carbon dioxide and the second absorbing it.
Smile
Cheers.
Philip

(Mar 15, 2015, 16:53)czkid Wrote:  I like taking industrial shots. This is for critique. Could have done landscape, but this shot is more impressive, or so I think.

There is a distinct "lightening" apparent in the screen image on the lft-hand vertical one inch or so. keep the tree, burn-in the LHS to match the rest.

B&W is a good choice for this one, and I agree with the others about the crop. Great shot, overall!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post