Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dees on ya hand!

These are small birds, called Chickadees. If you are patient and have some yummy seeds, they'll land on your hand, sometimes they land on my lens or on my head! Big Grin Enjoy!

[Image: Drop-it.jpg]

[Image: On-ya-hand.jpg]

[Image: Sept-10-2005-134.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Wow.....great shots!

Great photos Jim. There are about 30 outside my padio door right now. The Black Capped ones like you've shown. I'd get photos but it is nasty out. Dark and rainy.Sad When is it going to end?Sad

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wonderful, is that your hand? OR did you have a stunt double for the bird scenes? Smile

These are awesome, John! The sharpness is amazing - you can see so much detail in the shots! What lens were you using? I would imagine a high shutter speed was used as well...

Thanx guys! That is not my hand. I was talking to this guy and he was sitting on a bench and had some seeds. When held his arm out and the dees just landed for some treat on his hand, but they are extremely quick!
I used my EF 70-200 f/4 L USM lens here. It's my fastest focusing lens. Regards

John

WOW.... outstanding shots John............. what a special looking little bird.Tongue

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Wonderful pictures John... I really love them... Smile

We have some of those little ones around here ... I feed them in the garden but I can't imagine me feeding them from my hand... They are so shy... The one who has became a bit more relaxed is the robin...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow, fantastic shots!! What a sweet little birdie

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thank you for the comments! I also love to shoot Nuthatch photos. They often hang out with the chickadees. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 27, 2011, 09:50