Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Defishing

When in New Mexico recently there was a chest of drawers decorated with Pueblo art as in the attached image.

But I set the shot up badly and would like to defish it. I have no tools to do so, and have not found an online service.

Perhaps one you helpful photographers can download this, defish it, then upload it for me to then retrieve it.

With appreciation..............

Attached Files Image(s)

What do you mean by defish?

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

http://www.lonelyspeck.com/defish/

Ed

To each his own!

Thank you.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Can now have a Debait, about the result. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Posted the wrong one, too late to edit, not awake yet, apologies. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Nov 30, 2015, 01:50)Jocko Wrote:  What do you mean by defish?

Thanks for you reply Jocko.

I'm not 100% sure, but defish seems to mean removing the distortion effects caused by a short focal length or fisheye lens.

In the case of my attached image the outer vertical edges are bent in towards the bottom. I believe due to my short focal length.

(Nov 30, 2015, 03:00)EdMak Wrote:  Posted the wrong one, too late to edit, not awake yet, apologies. Ed.

Many thanks to EdMak for the excellent processing. That's exactly what I wanted. With the added feature of word play on top of photo play.

When I took this photograph I heard a guy laughing, and since the room was thinly populated, I pretty well knew he was laughing at me for taking the picture. When I looked over at him, his laughter was not of derision but of joy. By appearance I think he was Pueblo, and he was just happy that some one liked "his" art enough to take a picture.

I've not got much art in me (more science), but this piece just "spoke" to be somehow.

Hence I'm triply happy to have it imaged correctly.

And this might be the Puelbo moon outside the building containing the art.

Attached Files Image(s)