Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Djembe Drum

These are, a few weeks ago what I tried to do with my husband's djembe, the colours of this wood is so nice and the leather of goat, that was bought originally from Senegal. Sometimes I try to do something indoors with my camera. Smile Just a fun.

1)
[Image: 1ad.jpg]

2)
[Image: 1ad2.jpg]

3)
[Image: 2ad.jpg]

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

2 & 3 work nice colors and textures.

White balance is way off in 1.

EnglishBob Wrote:2 & 3 work nice colors and textures.

White balance is way off in 1.
[Image: 1_2a.jpg]

You are right, the original one is like that, I played with its colours, not successfully Smile
Thank you so much,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

I like the close-up of the leather in #2.

Beautiful piece to take some abstracts and textures... I like a lot #2...

I agree that the white balance is a bit too warm. I really don't know how to change it... most of the times when it is too warm, I apply auto in LR..

What program do you use to your post processing? do you take your pictures in RAW?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Toad Wrote:I like the close-up of the leather in #2.
Thank you Toad,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Irma Wrote:Beautiful piece to take some abstracts and textures... I like a lot #2...

I agree that the white balance is a bit too warm. I really don't know how to change it... most of the times when it is too warm, I apply auto in LR..

What program do you use to your post processing? do you take your pictures in RAW?
Yes you are right dear Irma, I use photoshop and I don't take my pictures in RAW.

Thank you Irma,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Hi, Nia!

Irma has the right idea about using RAW. I know that your camera can do this and that Photoshop has a good RAW converter. It's a bit more work, but the quality of your images should improve greatly. I started shooting everything in RAW a few years ago, and I will never go back to JPG. I know that everyone does not agree with this, but it certainly works well for me.

(I had RAW capability on my first digital camera and didn't know what it was for a few years...Doh! What a waste.)

Regards.....Dennis

enviroguy Wrote:Hi, Nia!

Irma has the right idea about using RAW. I know that your camera can do this and that Photoshop has a good RAW converter. It's a bit more work, but the quality of your images should improve greatly. I started shooting everything in RAW a few years ago, and I will never go back to JPG. I know that everyone does not agree with this, but it certainly works well for me.

(I had RAW capability on my first digital camera and didn't know what it was for a few years...Doh! What a waste.)

Regards.....Dennis
Actually I haven't known yet about this RAW, and yes, I go with JPG, but if you have time can you explain a little bit more about this, especially the difference or why this one or why not other one... You know Dennis, I love photography and I love my camera, and from this August till today so many things run and changed. I have tripod and also 70-300mm Sigma lens and there are some others that I wish to have... and then I learn to use photoshop for my photographs and I can see how they can change.. These are all so new and running so fastly. But yes, this is a long way... and I am still at the beginning. Smile This is so exciting and so enjoyable... I can't go out without my camera now (but I can't go out often too )
Thank you so much Dennis it was so nice to hear this, especially from you,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

nia...

Everytime I read a comment from you like this one, I can't stop thinking about me few years ago, trying to learn everything I could to take beautiful pictures... Your enthusiasm and love for your photography will take you very far... You will see.... Smile

shuttertalk is a great source of information... here you have a post where we talked about RAW and there are some links to other sites where you can find more information too.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5631

Anyway, if you have any doubt after reading this post just ask... I am sure there will be always someone trying to help.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:nia...

Everytime I read a comment from you like this one, I can't stop thinking about me few years ago, trying to learn everything I could to take beautiful pictures... Your enthusiasm and love for your photography will take you very far... You will see.... Smile

shuttertalk is a great source of information... here you have a post where we talked about RAW and there are some links to other sites where you can find more information too.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5631

Anyway, if you have any doubt after reading this post just ask... I am sure there will be always someone trying to help.... Smile
WOW! Yes, I saw now, I will read carefully and try to understand, thank you Irma, and there is not any doubt for asking, I know you are all so nice for this. Thank you dear Irma,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams