Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you capo?

Just wondering.

When neccessary.
Or when the song is in Bb and I don't want to barre barre barre barre

I only started playing seriously about 8 weeks ago, so no. No need yet, though I'll have one in the guitar toolbox before long.

Obviously, I dont use one on bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nor drums Big Grin

Cave canem

I do occasionally for praise and worship music...

I used it on Saturday when I had to play 2 songs straight in the key of F#... my fingers were dead tired by the 2nd song without the capo...

shuttertalk Wrote:I do occasionally for praise and worship music...

I used it on Saturday when I had to play 2 songs straight in the key of F#... my fingers were dead tired by the 2nd song without the capo...

So you capo up to get to the key, then play mostly open chords? Do you then transpose all your chords - e.g., capo up 2 frets to F#, so E chord is played with open D shape?

Also what particular songs are you playing? Do you have tabs for them?

slejhamer Wrote:So you capo up to get to the key, then play mostly open chords? Do you then transpose all your chords - e.g., capo up 2 frets to F#, so E chord is played with open D shape?

Pretty much... my favourite key to play in is E and I pretty much know all the progressions - so putting a Capo on the 2nd fret puts me in familiar territory for the key of F#.

slejhamer Wrote:Also what particular songs are you playing? Do you have tabs for them?

Err... I was playing some Hillsong songs. They were Home and Most High. Big Grin

Cool, thanks. I can definitely see why you'd want to play those with a capo rather than barres. (Rufus - this sort of overlaps your barre chord thread. Another reason not to use them if you don't have to, I suppose.)

That pwarchive is very cool, Jules. Lots of really good stuff on there. THIS is one of my favorites, though I have no idea what a G2 chord is. Smile

Oh, and that guitar image they have as the background for their song pages is a Taylor! Cool

Hey I know that one... we sing it at church sometimes...

According to the Guitar Chord Dictionary:

Gadd9 or G2 [3 0 0 0 0 3] (D G A B)

Gadd9 or G2 [3 2 0 2 0 3] (D G A B)

Ah! So G2 = Gadd9. That one I can do! Cool, thanks Jules.

... Yes I do! But only to make life easier like ST. Although I like the sound you get when you capo around the 4th or 5th fret and get those delicate highs!

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.